I wanna be... more than that...

I was free to go back to school tomorrow. Yippee, how great. I sighed and looked up at my bedroom ceiling. At least I was going back on a Thursday I suppose, not a Monday. Last night I had been on a 4 hour long face time call with Becky and she kept going on and on about me and Damian. If she could read minds, that call would've been over in 10 minutes... 8:37. Hmm, maybe I should do some training today... you see, I have wanted to be a spy since Loid adopted me but of course I can't just come out the blue and say "hey dad! I wanna be a spy just like you!" So instead I ask Yor to teach me a bit of her assassin stuff regularly in order to "defend my self against creepy middle aged weirdos" that's my cover anyway. I am using these cool moves to become an amazing spy, haha. Plus, my telepathy will make me the best of the best... I hope.

And now, back to school. I trained a lot of yesterday and now my body aches. I don't know why I thought doing it until 2:00am was a good idea but I did it anyway because.... Well I don't even know why, but in 5 years I'm sure I'll be thankful for all this. I wasn't actually late this morning so I decided to walk whilst eating my piece of toast. When I finally got to school, I felt a tap on my shoulder and immediately reacted. I turned around and grabbed BECKY by the neck. "OH ITS YOU!" I let go of Becky's neck and was overwhelmed with guilt. "Who did you think I was? And how the heck are you so strong Anya..." This is what happens after training for so long. I will just immediately react if I need to. "Some... creepy middle-aged weirdo?..." I laughed awkwardly and then after a while she laughed too. "No matter... I bet your dying to see Damian!!" I looked at her in an annoyed expression and she said "okay okay, don't want you to squeeze my neck again until all my bones pop out" she gave me a grin and I said "let's just get to class" and in her mind of course all she could think of was "bet she's just dying to sit next to Damian heehee"

We eventually got in class and of course Damian was right there. Sitting in the seat. Next to mine. I sat down and tried to act as casual as possible... I was dying of embarrassment on the inside and I don't know if I did a good job of hiding it on the outside either. Out of a nervous habit, I swept my long pink hair out the way and it hit Damian in the face. Yep, I just messed up real bad. I turned to him and said "I'M SORRY! I JUST HIT YOU IN THE FACE DIDN'T I!!" But then he suddenly stopped me and asked "are you okay? After everything that happened the other day and that...?" Suddenly I remembered how he thought of me as a peer and not a friend, so he would do this for anyone. "I'm fine now, you didn't need to help me but thanks..." my tone was giving away that I was annoyed at something because he asked "did I.. do something wrong Anya?" For a while I didn't answer. I could feel Becky staring me down, probably grinning some sort of cheesy expression and Damian was looking at me through his warm brown eyes, tranquil and soft. I didn't know what to say, I guess what I wanted to say is that I want us to be friends... yeah, maybe I'll say that!

"Damian, something you said the other day... made me a bit surprised... are we really simply just peers? Because, I want... to be more than that..." AHHHH I SAID IT! WHAT IF HE TAKES IN THE WRONG WAY?!  But then, he said "what, like, friends?" Oh phew, that's what I was getting at, thank god he caught on. "Y..yeah! Friends!" "Oh okay, let's be friends then" FINALLY! This sounds like some scenario in year 2 when some kid picks up all the courage to ask to be friends with someone, and they either say "ok! Let's be friendsss!" Or "no, your ugly" you know, typical year 2 insults. "Okay! Well" I coughed awkwardly and then said "friends" I smiled at him and then he BLUSHED. He then said "yeah" then he smiled a bit. Oh I definitely blushed too...

Next time- Change of roles