In his arms

This isn't good. Crying in-front of Ruby is bad let alone crying in-front of Damian. No matter how hard I tried I couldn't stop the tears. Damian moved over to me and placed his hand on my cheek, wiping my face. "Anya... what's wrong?" "Am I just- in the way?" "What are you talking about?" Oh right. I'm the only one who heard Ruby- she said it in her mind... I must look really weak then. I suppose I could say that I was thinking of my mom, that's not a complete lie. "I... was just thinking about.. someone" Then of course Ruby chipped in. "Wow, you're crying... that's your last resort?! HAHAHAHAHAHA! Look who's pathetic now" I couldn't hold in my words. I moved away from Damian and I just snapped again "ME?! PATHETIC?! HOW WOULD YOU LIKE IT IF I TOLD YOU YOUR MOM LEFT BECAUSE OF HOW MUCH OF A BURDEN YOU WERE?! HOW USELESS DO YOU THINK I'VE FELT OVER THE YEARS?" I don't know how I'm going to get out of this one. I used to be good with controlling myself from responding to things that people said in their mind.

"How did you know what I was thinking-" I hadn't seen Damian's face properly yet since I started crying. I looked over to him but I couldn't really tell what his expression was. He looked worried- sympathetic?.. i couldn't tell. Ruby pushed her blonde hair out the way and said "well, I have somewhere to be... I'll speak to you again Damian!" I almost shouted again but then Damian spoke. "No. No you won't. If you ever try speak to me again you can say bye to your good reputation." Ruby looked horrified. She stormed out like a child after not getting the toy they wanted. Then Becky's head peeped through the doorframe. She smiled evilly and told me she had to go too. After that she swiftly walked away. I knew what she was doing. "Anya, are you okay now?" Am i? I didn't really want to remember about the many times I got tossed away but there is no point in feeling sorry for myself. Then again.... Does Damian deserve to know the truth? I haven't decided yet.

"Let's... go somewhere a bit nicer." He seemed fine with this and followed me to a bench in a quiet park. "Damian... how many people do you think wish I would just go away? I bet you've thought it at some point" He didn't speak for a while but then said: "when we were kids... even then I didn't wish for you to go away. And I don't think a lot of people do. I'm not gonna lie and say everyone likes you, I mean we have Ruby as an example. I don't know your story either but I do know many people care for you." I... wasn't expecting that. Before I could think of what to say I heard him in his mind say "including me". He what now?- well should I really be surprised by that? He cares for me the way friends care for each other... righttttttt? "Thanks Damia-" without finishing my sentence Damian cradled me in his arms as I was too stunned to speak. This is- nice. I could stay here for ages... with Damian I feel so at ease. Why? Why does this always happen when I'm with him?-

"Your not alone Anya. My dad never really cared for me either but i know a few other people might do and that's enough for me." I wish I could tell him I care about him but it won't flow out of my mouth like his did so I just hugged him tighter. He looked down at me and smiled a bit. "I'll take you back home"

Next part: Guests are welcome