Guests are welcome

"Sorry for making you walk home with me" how embarrassing. If my parents see me and Damian like this, his arm around mind who knows what they will be thinking... actually I will know, but do I really want that- "it's alright. This house here did you say?" "Yep! Well thanks for everything Damian, I'll see you tomorrow!" I took a few strides to the door and waved him goodbye trying to be quick before my parents saw him and probably invited him inside. "Ok then. Bye, Anya" he smiled a bit before turning away to leave. Today was... interesting. And Damian really made me feel... better. I'll have to thank him again tomorrow. I opened the door right when I heard the words "Oh hello, are you here for Anya?"

MOM?! I FORGOT SHE WOULD BE BACK AT THE SAME TIME I CAME BACK- I turned around to see my mom in-front of Damian in her work uniform. I still find it funny she works at a normal job in the day when she's slashing peoples throats in the night. But now is NOT the time to think about that. I walked over to my mom and Damian, where I positioned my self in-front of my mom. "Ah, mom. You see this is Damian he was just returning something of mine and he's very busy so he must go now, should we go inside?" I thought this would do but then I read her mind "Maybe Loid knows she has a boyfriend, I certainly didn't know..." oh for gods sake- Damian then spoke up and said "Am I causing any trouble?..." before I could answer my mom did. "No not at all! Why don't you come inside? Guests are welcome of course! I'm Yor Forger by the way" NO MOM! THIS IS SO ANNOYING!!

"It's okay, I don't want to be in your way-" Damian seemed a bit uncomfortable himself and I could feel myself turning red on the spot. I yet again heard my mom in her mind. This time she said "I must find out if he's good enough for Anya..." OF COURSE! What less could I expect from mom? She's always super overprotective over me so I don't really know what I was to predict. "WAIT, MOM!" They were already inside the house before I could get back to the front step. This will be something. I rushed into the house to see Damian standing in the hallway and my mom being very nice to him. "Are you sure you want me to stay? I don't want to-" "please! Stay! Anya probably wants you to anyways" she smiled evilly and walked into the kitchen. What have you done mom? I went over to Damian and apologised. "I'm so sorry, you can go now I'll deal with my mom." "Are you sure? She seems really content for me to stay..." "she'll get over it"

He laughed a bit as he said "I'm fine with anything." I walked over to where my mom was and I told her Damian had to go. "Hmmm... I see" wait does that mean he's a target for my mom now or something? If Damian wasn't seen as "good enough for me" what would mom do?- if he leaves will she hunt him down?... AHH WHO KNOWS WITH MOM! "Actually Damian can stay, sorry I got my words mixed up, haha.. haha..." I slowly left the kitchen and joined Damian again. "Okay so, can you stay please" "umm... okay?" "Trust me, it's for your own safety" "what-" I took Damian to my room as my mom seemed to be happier with him now. Dad wasn't back until tomorrow so we didn't have him to deal with either although he isn't like mom. It would have been easier if he was the one who was at home...

"Okay you can just sit on my bed" as Damian sat down, still looking a bit confused I began to explain. "So long story short, my mom thinks we are dating and she wants to see if your good enough and we aren't dating obviously but still make a good impression if you want the easy way out alright?" "Umm... alright then, how long am I staying?-" we haven't really thought this through. I hope my mom will drop this thing after today. Wait a second... HOW AWKWARD MUST THIS BE FOR DAMIAN?! HOW COULD I JUST RUSH INTO SOMETHING LIKE THIS?! I couldn't think of what to say so I just dropped to the ground. What am I doing? "Anya?- are you okay?!" He quickly kneeled down so his face was close to mine.

"I'm sorry Damian... you can go now..." I didn't look him in the eyes. I feel so guilty. Maybe I'll tell my mom she was wrong, I should have just done that in the first place... "I won't leave until I know you're okay". He what now? I want to hug him, thank him, even look at him but would that just make things more awkward? I finally raised my head but at that moment he was already pulling me into his chest. I knew I was turning red again, and i saw my mom looking through my door. However I was kind of relieved when she smiled a bit and walked off. In her mind I heard "Yeah, he's good." I'll need to let her know we are just friends. Although, I must say...

I really do like Damian.

Next part: I finally understand