24- Alcohol Worn Off

Warning: Mentions of Alcohol, suggestive, ooc.
Reader's Wisdom is advised!

Spinning in the hall, the whole Teyvat danced and gleamed in glitters. A simple glimpse of the landscape sent (Name) to a fit of the edge of throwing up. The amount of alcohol she consumed, one glass only to be toppled with more alcohol, sent her to a drunken state. 'Damn it,' she cursed herself for letting her intoxicated state took over.

Back then, being in a state where her consciousness failed, it was dangerous as it could send her to reveal something she shouldn't have. Yet, right now, even she found herself downing another cup of alcohol—a hint of distress written all over her face.

Her face red from either the alcohol, the heat, or the fact her head was in haze of vivid memories. She remembered after kissing her newfound lover, she him into another kiss—much more passionate and heated. The mold of his lips against hers, and the softness sensation still lingered on hers, a reminder she'd claimed someone else's.

She wouldn't say she's a shy type when it came to relationships, nor would she say she's the type to initiate something that heated in the first early stages of relationship! She cursed herself once more, drinking another cup of sake. Little did she know, the heat was getting the best of her—and her heavy kimono didn't help.

She let out a heavy sigh, wanting to loosen the outfit a little bit. But then, it would be inappropriate to do so out in public—even though it's a room she reserved for herself.

"My apologies for being late. I was held back in one of the meetings with the elder—Mistress?"

The sound of the shoji door slid opened caught her attention. She couldn't turn her head to look at the source of the voice, finding the dizziness to be heavy due to her drunken state. "Lord Ayato," she greeted, bowing her head slightly—or rather, attempting to hold herself back from hitting the table.

Ayato let out a chuckle at the sight of his beloved sitting there, a mark of red seen on her forehead. "Your forehead is quite right, have you laid here instead while waiting for me?"

(Name) brought her hand to cover up the imprinted mark. "No, that's not quite true."

The man let out another lighthearted laugh as he walked towards her. He took a seat beside her, distance between them short as he pulled her hand away from her forehead gently. "No need to cover up your forehead, Mistress."

You're blocking the view.

Were the words he wanted to add, yet held herself back, not wanting to overwhelm her drunken state. (Name)'s eyes glistened underneath the light, glazed with his own and showed no intention to retract her gaze. The distance between them didn't help as well.

The closer he was with her, the more she could remember the angle and softness of his lips against hers. "Milord, have you come here on purpose to see me in such mess?"

He shook his head with a calm smile, not bothering to mask the adoration he held for her. "Of course not. Else, I would have come a bit earlier just to see you slowly in this state."

His hand snuck to push back a strand of her hair behind her ear, catching her breath to hitch. The scent of alcohol sharp on his nostrils, the sight of her eyelids that were heavy and could barely hold themselves up, Ayato couldn't help but planted a small kiss on her cheek. "I think that's enough of alcohol for you, Mistress."

She scoffed lightly. "I was about to be done before you came here."

"Is that so?" Ayato glanced at the amount of sake bottles she'd drunk. "I see, then I suppose it's my fault for being late. I apologize."