5~ Agreement

A tea.

The sun.

And the warmth the world had to offer.

They were all perfect, especially to be served with a breakfast—not so fancy, especially coming from someone of the higher status, but rather lively with the breakfast dining table along with the commoners.

Never once had she eaten with anyone lower of her status, however seeing the joyous laughter of theirs as they talked about the plans they had for the day, could not help but leave the endearing mark within her. Despite the fact that most people distanced themselves with such wariness around (Name), considering the fact she's one but an outsider.

And if it had not been the curious glances thrown at her as they questioned her motives as well as theories of her sudden appearance in the Kamisato Estate, perhaps (Name) could take her time to delay the callings from the man she truly didn't want to see—but needed to see.

"Is the tea not to your liking? You have not touched the rim of it ever since this tea arrived."

She looked up from the reflection of hers which fell on the tea, she hadn't realized how long she had been staring at the beverage without even touching it. Her hand wrapped around the cup, bringing it up close to her lips and took a small sip of it. "It's gone cold."

"It has gone cold due to not being drunk for quite a while."

"Five minutes without conversation but only accompany you drinking tea isn't what people would consider 'a while'," she responded, nonchalant as ever with the words and her stares confidently looked at his own.

Ayato's throat rumbled a chuckle, pouring another tea to fill the cup that was barely empty. "Have some more."

"That's very considerate of you, Lord. Even if I've not even drunk any," she remarked, but still accepted the tea. "Let us not beat around the bush. Why did you call for me?"

Ayato put down the teapot, setting it aside. "Very well then," he spoke with a calm breath, yet stern dripping his tone, "Ever since your arrival here, there are some people that submitted to ask to be employed here. I've run some investigations and they seem to have come from your family."

"Are you meaning to say that I'm a threat to your safety?" she replied. "No, I don't mean such a thing. This situation may benefit me as my estate is understaffed but it might bring danger to you. I don't wish for my family's name to be involved later and have my paper stack up on the desk more than it is," he commented in return.

Ayato's lilac gazed right at her (e/c) ones, holding her gaze hostage. "My people too have been questioning your identity and the sudden increase in staff numbers. After all, you don't plan to return to your land so soon, am I wrong?"

He was right. If she were to return to her home soon after all of this, for sure her life would be twice more in danger and her home will be ruined right away. She couldn't possibly risk her name and safety to return, can she? "...What do you have on offer?"

"You must have remembered our previous interaction where you commissioned me to gain some information regarding your house. In return I ask for your favor, yes?"

"That's right, I clearly remember it."

"How about we come up with a contract? Let us form a temporary alliance, and let this be a way to compensate you for our wrongdoings," Ayato assured, not even sounding the slightest bit guilty with his words. In fact, the smile where every politician had, increased when they're in for a favor. His back straightened, resulting in his chest to puff up in a way to show the confidence rather than guilt of his words. "Be my aide, Miss. You're a highly educated lady and you have your own degree, experiences, and some other honorable activities you've done. You're more than qualified to assist me."