2~ Misfortune

With the moon glazing above her while chasing as if terrorizing her already rapid heart, wind blowing either to help or to mock and laugh at her misfortune, and grasses no longer found their once fresh green leaves after being trampled on by none other than (Name).

Blood still trickled down her shoulder, to her arm. The kimono she wore that was profound with such elegance had long lost its aesthetics. The eyes which used to gaze upon people with... unreadable emotions, were dwelled in the depth of fear. Nothing to help her out, and nothing to keep her sane from her mind that ushered petrifying imaginations.

She could not plead for help out loud, scream out of fear and stagger in hopes the next thing she found was the safe heaven's arms.

And that was until a voice from nowhere sounded in her ears, echoing loudly and the rustles of the bushes were no more.

Her eyes lifted open heavily, groggily inspected the... unfamiliar room. The scent of something alike drugs made its way to her nostrils, activating all her senses clearly soon after. She quickly sat up—yet fell back once she felt the wincing pain on her shoulder.

"Woah—! Easy there, you wouldn't want to hurt yourself any further. Are you alright, Miss?"

A gentle yet lighthearted of a man's voice sounded in her ears, imposing no threats yet her suspicions could bring up more than a hundred scenarios. Her eyebrows furrowed, clearly reflecting hostility.

The man in the blonde, red and black theme of his outfit, and one who looked like an outlander of the nation, observed her body from up till down in hopes he would not find any more scratches on her body.

"Hmm, seems like you're alright now. No more injuries other than some bruises around your body, light scratches, and... a heavy injury on your shoulder," the stranger claimed, looking at her eyes with the affable look, assuring her there really was no threat that awaited her within this... unfamiliar place.

She made no intention to respond, or to report any of her other discomforts, remaining still as a stone with only her eyes moving and inspecting the stranger's every move. The stranger in question only let out a humble chuckle, radiating a warm smile towards her. "You must be confused, Miss. Please, worry not. You're in the Kamisato Estate, no one is going to harm you here," he consoled, his hand reaching out to hold her uninjured shoulder yet she jerked his hand away. Upon realizing what she did, she looked down. "My apologies—Wait, could you repeat your words again?"

He chuckled only, maintaining an understanding gaze still. "I understand you must feel hostile here. You're currently residing in the Kamisato Estate. Allow me to introduce myself, I'm the retainer here, Thoma. Pleased to meet your acquaintance."

Her mind went blank the moment she heard the word "Kamisato" attached to his words. Her eyes quickly scanned for her sword, hoping to find her dear weapon she carried. "The Kamisatos..." she muttered underneath her breath, her chest seething with blaze of displeasure with the name.

"If you need time for yourself, I'll leave you here—"

"Thoma, yes?"

"Uh, yes. Thoma's my name."

"I wish to speak with the Head. Please send out a request to meet him, or else I'll be the one who's going to confront the Head."

Thoma knitted his eyebrows together, seemingly rather curious yet concerned. "My apologies, but if it's Lord Kamisato you wish to speak to, he's not available and not one you can meet recklessly out of just a mere request—"

"I will not stand by here, I wish to speak to him. It's urgent."

Thoma let out a soft sigh, his composure quickly returned as soon as it left. "Miss, I don't know what's your reason to meet him with such urgency, but please heal yourself first. Your shoulder is still injured by the arrow we found. I'll try to arrange a meeting of you with the Lord, but I can't guarantee success."