Chapter 39: Lesson Learned

Comenzar desde el principio

Adam then jumped from cover to cover just barely avoiding the bullets whizzing past him. Adam has heard of his bullets being faster and more deadly than your average dust bullet.

To Adam it didn't matter that he had better bullets. It didn't matter that Cinder told him to stay put and not go after him. He had killed countless White Fang soldiers to satisfy his blood lust. He was going to kill him and after he was dead, so was Cinder.

"When I read your file it said you had anger issues and boy the file wasn't kidding!"

Hector shouted as he extended out his left arm to use his rope to latch onto a narrow walkway on top before pulling himself up. Adam soon followed but before going after the bounty hunter Adam grabbed a nearby metal Riot shield.

Jumping onto the walkway Hector asked,
"Before we start fighting again tell me: Did Cinder send you to kill me or did you go on your own for once?"

Adam then lunged for Hector blocked the strike with his gauntlet before kicking Adam back.

"I bow to no one!" Adam yelled as he continued to strike at Hector who was either dodging left and right or blocking him with his shotgun. Hector then threw a punch with his left hand which Adam caught. Smirking Adam readied his sword but then a large flame erupted from his gauntlet which made Adam let go and leap backwards.

"I'm surprised you can even carry all those weapons." Adam said slowly walking back toward the bounty hunter.

"What can I say? I work out." Hector mused before saying.
"And I'm surprised that you're still working for Cinder. I mean your main supplier for weapons is locked up, your branch of the White Fang is nearly broken and yet... you still follow her and a human one at that!"

Adam gritted his teeth before suddenly launching himself at Hector with lightning speed. Hector in turn immediately ducked the strike and jumped down from the walkway before saying.

"I mean do you really believe she'll keep her end of the deal? I mean you don't see her trying to get Roman back."

"I know that. When our partnership is done she's going to be the one bowing down to me!" Adam said as he looked down at the bounty hunter from the walkway. Hector looked up at Adam and said.

"And not once did you ask: What is her goal in Beacon Academy? Like did you ever question what is her goal?" Hector then added.

"You fight for your kind. I respect that, I really do but it's how you go about it."

This seemed to somewhat catch Adam off guard. What did he know about everyday suffering that the faunus go through? He probably saw the faunus as trophies for his sick collection.

"What do you know about the suffering us Faunus go through?! You probably just see the White Fang as another means to add us to your twisted collection." Adam said while pointing his sword at him.

"What do I know about the faunus? Quite alot actually!" Hector said cheerfully.
"I mean I did basically kill off a gang who were kidnapping faunus to then make them work in the dust mines in Vacuo. Seeing as you of all people don't know about it let's me know that general Irondick and his military did a good job at hiding the fact that a 15 year old with serious mental issues did what they could not." Hector added which Adam then yelled.

"Liar! You merely just killed whoever was on the wanted list!"

"Then ask the faunuses in the crater. I actually have a good relationship with them."

"Oh yeah? Then name one faunus who would support your claims." Adam countered which Hector then said.

"Citrine Foxtrot. Just ask her and the locals in the crater. I brought over thirty faunuses that were kidnapped back to their families. I reunited parents back to their children who they thought they would never see again!"