Chapter 33 - Reconciliations And Friendship

Depuis le début

        "You'd come to me if you have a problem, right?"

       "Kemi, abeg. Stop. I came here to escape a lecture about the Nigerian civil war, but I'm thinking it's better than this."

       "I want a hug," I say with a pout, stretching my hands wide. My juniors probably think I'm going crazy, but we're all a little crazy.

        "I'm leaving," she says, standing up and I tug her back down. "No hugs," she warns, but I hug her anyway. Long and tight.

        "So, how's the preparation for the inter-house sport going?" I ask, finally releasing her.

         "It's not like your house is going to even try to win, so..."

         "They'll win something. I'm clapping this year."

         "What difference will that make? You're always clapping and your house has never won," she says with a snort.

       "I'll show you. It'll shock everybody that day."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

       It's finally break and I'm not hungry. I play with my food before I finally drop the fork altogether.

     "You're not hungry?" Jasmine asks from her place opposite me and I glance at her before shaking my head.

     "Weird right?" I say and muster up a small smile. "I've lost my appetite."

      "That's a first."

      I turn to my right where David is seated, and I raise up my hand jokingly. "Don't judge me. What's that?"

       Jasmine reaches into her bag and stretches a chocolate bar towards me. Keep giving me sweets till Aunty Flow comes to caution me. I grab it and mutter a 'thanks'.

    "Are you guys free this weekend?" Jacob asks.

     "We're always free–" Chichi says the same time Sophia starts.

      "Nope. I need to read up on a couple physics topics–"

        "Just two hours, please," Jacob begs and I clear my throat.

        "I also want to solve all the questions in my textbooks."

        "Okay," Chichi responds and my jaw drops open.

         "I won't come o."

        "I've heard you. It's fine," she says and everybody responds in agreement that I should stay home. My jaw is officially on the floor.

        "What manner of impartiality is this? So, you guys won't beg me? No please, no nothing? Even you, Soph."

       "It's fine," Sophia says reassuringly.

        "Fine oshi wo. Do I look fine? You people should make me fine. I want to be begged too," I say with a pout.

      "Kemi, can you please make out a little time on Saturday for us?" Jasmine asks with a laugh. I race across the table and wedge myself between her and Jacob.

      "I will. You're the only one that likes me on this table."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      I get my things set to race out the door once the bell is rung, but the plan turns moot when Jasmine approaches my desk immediately after the English teacher leaves, like she's been waiting for her to step out.

     "Can we talk?" she asks. "I'll be in the garden."

      I nod, already having an inclination of what this is about and quickly pack my things. I take my bag along with me because I don't plan on coming back to class. I meet her on our favorite bench, the one that overlooks the roses and the basketball court.

      "I feel like I know why you called me out so, before you start, I just want to say that we're cool. I sincerely do not hold any grudge against you. You said your piece and that's fine. I feel like I exaggerated the whole thing even though you were really bitchy," I rush out and turn to look at her.

       "You have every right to be mad. I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have said some things and I shouldn't have insinuated some things either. We were supposed to be best friends," she says hanging her head low and I pull it back up.

       "Seriously, it's fine. You said some things, I said some things but that's fine. Was there a better way to have said what you said? Absolutely. Did it hurt? A lot but it's fine. Stop beating yourself up about it–"

        "But I'm still going to say that at that point in time, with everything that was going on, I needed my best friend; someone in my corner, but even she couldn't put up with me and that freaking hurt but I'm better and I'm fine so let's just forget about it."

     "I'll make it up to you."

      "If you insist," I say with a coy smile. "I mean, I can always tell you what I want or need for you to 'make it up to me'."

       We both laugh and just sit there talking. She still keeps apologizing every five minutes and I have to refrain myself from holding her lips, together but it's safe to say that we're fine. Perfectly fine.

    Her driver comes around to pick her up and she suggests I come with them, but I insist of walking the short distance home. It feels like a good end to the day.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
  I did it you guys😭 I beat my biggest writers block yet. Urghhh.😭😭😭 I'm emotional but I won't cry. I'm sure this chapter is cringe but bear with me. Let's hope updates will come faster now.

XOXO❤️❤️