Chapter 9: Duty

Turns out falling asleep when you're stressed is easier said than done. Zelda sighed as she stared at the sunrise, leaning on the rails of the room's balcony. A cool sea breeze hit her bare shoulders, sending shivers down her spine as she tucked some of her hair behind her ear. The reds and pinks and oranges of the morning sky did little to help her forget about her responsibilities unlike she had hoped; beautiful as the scenery was, her mind continued to be riddled with worries and thoughts she promised herself she wouldn't have while she was on this trip.

A ring sounded, and she took her phone out of her pocket just to find an email from Impa, containing whatever documents she was talking about last night, Zelda supposed. She put her phone back in her pocket, her frustration beginning to grow again. Hylia damn it all, she didn't care. She'd done so much for her kingdom, she'd sacrificed so much of her life and health and time just so it'd be able to thrive. The least she could fucking do was take some time off and let them figure their life out by themselves.

Oh gods she was starting to sound like a bitch. She groaned and leaned her forehead on the railing, tightly closing her eyes. She could really use a shower right now. Quietly, she walked back in the room through the giant wooden doors that led to the balcony, then walked to her suitcase and took out a short, loose dress that was semi-transparent, and a blue two-piece swimsuit. She hopped right in the shower and let herself get sauteed in the hot water. Then, after that, she turned it to the coldest temperature and shocked every worry out of her system. Ah, now she felt like herself again.

As she got out, she tied her hair up into a ponytail then quickly got dressed, brushed her teeth, and put on the smallest bit of lipstick for absolutely no reason at all. Totally not because she wanted someone to kiss her. Or because she wanted to kiss someone. Kiss, kiss, kiss, those thoughts riddled her mind as she went back to her mat, staring at the one she wanted to kiss. She noticed Ike had moved ever so slightly closer to her side. Strange, he hadn't moved at all the entire night, she wondered what caused the change.

She laid down facing him, a sudden sleepiness overcoming her. If she had to guess, it was probably around 5:30 AM right now, it'd be a while before the others woke up. Taking a quick nap wouldn't be such a bad idea, then, right? She didn't have much of a choice in the matter, her eyes shut permanently against her will as soon as she tried to blink. As she began to fade out of consciousness, she felt something like a warm, loving embrace enveloping her, and she was soon asleep.

***

"Did she go skinny dipping or something?"

"Samus..."

"What?! Why else would she be wearing a bikini?"

"Samus, dear, do you know what skinny dipping is?"

"Isn't it just swimming at night time?"

"...No."

"Oh."

Zelda groaned and rubbed her eyes, sitting up. When she finally did open her eyes, she was met with yellow. Hair. Yellow hair, and the wide eyes of the owners of said yellow hair.

"You're awake!" Peach cheered.

"I was starting to get worried you'd sleep the entire day," Samus sighed.

"What... time is it?" Zelda said groggily as the three of them stood up. She looked around the room, noticing that it was completely empty save for the three of them.

"Two-thirty in the afternoon."

"What?!"

"Are you feeling okay? You still look pretty tired," Peach said. She took Zelda's hand in her own, a warm feeling washing over her. "We were just a little worried so we came to check up on you, but if you want to keep sleeping then go ahead. The others are at the beach but I'll stay by the shore, so if you need anything just call me, okay?"

Sins of Darkness REWRITE || an SSB FanficOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara