Chapter 4: Tournament

"Rosalina did WHAT?!" Zelda screamed as she kicked a punching bag. She was currently in the campus' gym, a place people mostly used to train their bodies for battles or tournaments hosted by the university. There was also a small arena in the basement of the gym, but that was usually reserved for practicing actual moves instead of simply working out. Zelda herself was working on her legs and arms, accompanied by the campus' very own personal trainer, Samus.

"She almost off-ed herself," Samus said. "Also, your kick's still shaky."

"Samus you say this stuff way too nonchalantly," Zelda sighed. She grabbed her water bottle and took a seat on one of the nearby benches. "That doesn't sound like something Rosalina would do at all... I mean I know everyone has their issues and stuff, but..."

"Peach did tell me there was something off about the whole thing," Samus said as she sat down next to her. "She said Rosalina told her she didn't 'feel like herself' or something."

"Didn't feel like herself?" Zelda repeated quietly. "Like... the whole ordeal was involuntary? Like she was being controlled, or something?"

"Your guess is as good as mine," Samus shrugged. She could tell that the thinking cap had made itself home on Zelda's head as the princess grew quiet and pensive. Her eyes seemed to unfocus, and her foot began to tap the floor, all of which were things she usually did whenever she was in deep thought. But never at the same time. "You don't think you're reading too much into this?"

"Hm... I might be, but... it's just so strange," Zelda sighed. Then, quietly, she added, "Everything seems to be going wrong since that dream..."

"What dream?"

Shit. "W-well, I had a really creepy dream a couple days ago..." She then went on about her dream and how weird and scary it was and blah blah blah. Samus looked pretty uninterested in what she was saying, that is, until she brought up the glowing ball and that Shulk had a similar vision.

"I think I've heard of a glowing ball before," Samus hummed.

"Really?! Could you tell me about it?!" Zelda gasped, leaning a little too close to Samus.

"Slow down there, Princess, I said I heard about it not that I knew anything about it," Samus grinned as she gently pushed Zelda away.

"Oh."

"How about this: I'll look it up on the space-web and send you what I find."

"The... space-web?"

"Yeah, it's basically the browser for those of us that come from space. It's a lot less restricting than the browsers in planets, so you can search for pretty much anything and everything there."

"Anything and... everything?"

Samus smirked. "Anything and everything~"

"I'm afraid of what that entails, but I appreciate the help, thanks Sam."

"Yeah, yeah. Now, back to kicking. You've got a match in the tournament tomorrow, and who knows, maybe you run out of magic and have to fight with your fists."

"I wish you weren't so literal sometimes, Samus."

"My bad."

***

"Kamui! Come to the kitchen, breakfast is ready!"

"Alright, alright! I'll be there in a bit!"

Corrin sighed, knowing "in a bit" was code for at least half an hour. Regardless, he served his sister's plate of rice balls and put it in the microwave. She was lucky the dish was usually eaten cold anyway. He poured himself a glass of apple juice and sat on the couch in their apartment and waited for his younger sister to finish doing whatever she was doing. And just as he predicted, half an hour later, she came out of her room and grabbed her breakfast out of the microwave.