Two Pump Jk:
Have mercy, woman.

Now that he said that, his bed felt even better and softer than before. Maybe I really was a monster who fed off the misery of others. I laughed again. Then I changed the subject.

Me:
When are you coming back?

Two Pump Jk:
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth day.
At dawn, look to the east.

Me:
Ok, Gandalf.

Two Pump Jk:
You watched LOTR?

Me:
Only the first two movies

Two Pump Jk:
That's a crime
The third one is my comfort movie

Me:
I have read the books
I know what happens

Two Pump Jk:
No, it's a masterpiece
We'll watch it when I get back.

I had never pegged Jungkook as the movie type, simply because I never found him watching any. The only time had been on New Year's Eve and that had already shocked me so to know that Jungkook owned a comfort movie was...new. New but refreshing.

A smile found its way onto my lips before I broke out in a yawning fit. The clock struck three and I closed my eyes as I imagined Jungkook watching The Return of the King the moment he walked through the door.

A few days later, just as he had said in his message, he and Mr. Jeon returned from Paris. Apparently the meetings had gone relatively well and they had secured a few deals. Jungkook and I never talked business, so I didn't inquire further.

And now I was getting ready for our dinner that Jungkook invited me to for our first anniversary. It wasn't anything too fancy nor a celebration for the 365 days we had managed to go without jumping down each other's throats.

Just a night out. Just him and me.

I applied a little more mascara to my lashes and then lipstick while Jungkook put on his cufflinks. I hated to admit it, but there was nothing more attractive than when he did that.

Just as I took one last look at my appearance in the mirror, he came to stand behind me. His suit jacket was still hanging on the back of the chair, but just the white shirt and black waistcoat were enough for the evening.

Our eyes met in the mirror as I flipped my hair over my shoulder and caught only a glimpse of his nostrils flaring. It was the first time I looked at us together. Really looked at us.

It was our first anniversary and that's how much Jungkook and I had changed over the past few months. We went from abstinence to casual sex. From really annoying remarks to inevitably funny bickering.

My black strapless dress matched his black suit. His broad shoulders behind me offered protection to my slender form. His brown eyes reflected the same sparkle as my gray ones. So many differences, yet so unmistakably similar.

Jungkook's eyes turned away from mine in the mirror and I watched him as he roamed his gaze over my body. Then he fixed one of the strands of my hair that was sticking out of the mass and slowly let his hand brush over my arm.

We weren't a real couple, but we looked good as husband and wife.

As if Jungkook could read my mind, I caught the smirk on his face in the mirror before looking up at him. "I'm ready," I said and he nodded in response.