Chapter Ten - Aftermath

I sat in a hospital bed, wrapped neck to toe, in bandages. I stared at the roof. "Mi-Zumi." I looked to Todo-Shoto as he continued to speak.
"I see, your awake." My head turned to Manuel and Edgeshot.
"Edgeshot." A few seconds later the police chief arrived. He explained the situation to us, I cut him off. "Sir," he looked to me. "If I may." He stared at me but nodded. "Tenya and Shoto didn't cause any harm to stain, that was all me.  The broken ribs, scraps, and cuts. They only used their quirks to trap him." His eyes widened. "I have legal permission to use those weapons as self defense, stain attacked me first. That and I broke no law. I have no quirk, which in itself should have gotten me kicked out." I looked to Edgeshot. "I'm guessing that's your doing. Anyways, we broke no laws. So no one can be punished. Even no, sorry to through you under the buss Edgeshot, but Edgeshot gave me full permission to fight if needed." The police officer stared at me. Then he laughed.
"Your a smart girl, I hadn't planned on punis-" he was cut off.
"Sir! You need to see this!" He was handed a phone.
"Oh dear. It seems a video of your fight has gone viral. Buts it's proven here as well." He sighed, but the dog headed man looked to me.
"I was hopping the credit would go to Edgeshot and Endeavor...." He laughed.
"Nothing will stick, you can't be punished! And you get all the credit!"
"I don't like that...." Everyone laughed. I whined.
"Your even more famous now Izumiko!"
"I don't want that though." I whined.

For the next few days my phone blew up. From people contacting me. I wanted to cry, I hated how my phone was blowing up! By everyone! Sighing I leaned back and looked at my reflection. Then I got a call, humming I grabbed my phone, ignoring Shoto and Tenya's curious glances I looked at the caller ID. "Auntie Mitsuki? But she never calls... not unless..." my heart dropped. I sat up and instantly answered, dread pooling in my stomach and my heart  dropped. "What happened." No hesitation, straight to the point. My auntie was crying. Oh god no. Please please no. Tell me my guts wrong!
"Zuzu, I'm so sorry dear." Tears began to swell in my eyes. 
"Auntie..."
"Your mom... she was on her way back to the house last night." Nononononononononono. "There was a villain attack." Please god no. "I, oh Izumiko." She let out a chocked sob.
"Auntie. Tell me your playing a joke." My voice cracked. "Please tell me this is a sock joke!" I heard the door slam open, I ignored it. My hands shaking as I held my phone to my ear. More sobbing.
"The-the hero and villain where fighting, they tried baby. They tried." Stop. Stop trying to sugar coat it.
"Auntie! What happened to my mom!?" The tears where falling. Please god no! I just got her back! It hasn't even been a full year yet!
"I'm so sorry Izumiko. Your mom... didn't make it." My phone dropped from my hand, my ears ringing, everything stopped. My brain, my heart, time. Then, I heard a scream, my scream, I curled up on my self and began to scream and cry. My mom. My rock. My home. My safe place.

Shoto Todoroki stared in utter shock as Mi-Zumi, screamed. He saw out of the corner of his eye as both Edgeshot, and Iida jumped out of their skin to. None of them heard her scream. Not even when she was empaled, run threw with a knife, stabbed, thrown against a wall, relocating her shoulder. She never once screamed. Never once cried. But here she was, having a full blown break down. He watched in shock as Edgeshot lunged to her side. Trying to calm her down, she didn't respond. Then. "Izumiko! Darling! Oh you poor sweet sweet girl! Please answer the phone!" Shoto acted, lunging for the phone.
"Umm hello. I-I'm Todoroki Shoto. One of Zumi's friends! Can you tell me what happened? One second she was talking to you, now she's," he looked back, unsure on what to say or do. He was horrified and he knew he sounded dead and stoic but what does he do!? "Well.... Unresponsive?"
"Oh," the mysterious woman sobbed. "I'm sorry, I, I just had no other way to tell her, she needed to find out before-" the woman was cut off by the news going off.
" Breaking new. Woman in her early forties confirmed dead after villain attack, the woman is confirmed to be forty year old Midoriya Inko. Mother of famous UA student named Midoriya Izumiko, better known as Celeste the survivor and hero in training." Izumiko started to cry and scream harder at that. Shoto just stared.
"Oh." He looked to the shell shocked Iida. Who looked like he was about to break down, the other male stood up and gestured for Shoto to give him the phone. Shoto glade did so. He had no idea what to say or do.
"Ma'am, hello I am Iida Tenya, yes another of Zumis friends... She's, in a lack for better words, a reck right now..." Iida gestured for Shoto to turn off the TV. He did so. "Yes ma'am. We are trying to calm her... Edgeshot is doing to right now... Yes ma'am... Yes ma'am.... Alright. We'll try our best... Yes ma'am... Thank you ma'am." Then he hung up. What the hell is Shoto supposed to do now!?