Chapter 2

After cleaning up the puddle they took the kid to the kitchen to get a small snack since they haven't eaten since the morning of the au. Dream led them while the kid held their hand. They skipped happily and had a fun time looking and taking in all the different decor and furniture. Everything had a calm happy vibe to it, while also having a hint of sadness in other places. It felt calming to the little one who was getting slightly overstimulated by the newness and positivity radiating from the walls and floor.

Eventually they made it to the kitchen which thankfully was an area that had a hint of sadness in. The kid looked around and saw a child who lookedway older than them and was around Dream's height. They were turned around, but the kid saw that they had a black half-moon tattoo on their head. A greyish purple short sleeved hood, dark purple gloves, and brown pants. 

This person was also different. "Stain this is the kid we told you about." Dream said catching the older kid's attention. "Kid this is Stain, Stain this is the kid." Dream said. "Niña este es el Stain. " The kid waved at Stain. "What's her name?" Stain asked. Dream looked at the kid nervously. "They don't have a name, what they were called is something not fit for a name." Dream said as the kid looked confused. "何には pasa with アタシの nombre?" (What's wrong with my name?) They said looking at Dream and tilting their head slightly. 

Dream stood there now regretting leaving Ink to recheck the kid's temporary room. Dream looked at the kid as realization hit their face as they tried to remember how to say it in full Spanish. "¿Ku, uh, Qué pasa con mi nomu- nombe, クソ, nombre?" (Wh, uh, what is wrong with my ne- namu, shit, name?) The kid said getting slightly annoyed at their lack of proper pronunciation.

"Oh, no es muy agradable." (It's not a very nice one.) Dream said with a nervous yet kind smile. Stain chuckled a little, he knows what クソ/kuso (shit) means, he learned Japanese with Palette so that way they could talk with each other without the adults knowing what was said. It was often swears or complaints about their roles. He was caught off guard when he heard the word spoken by a 3 year old.

"Oh." The child said softly. Dream picked them up slightly surprising her. The other Sanses didn't really touch her a lot. They believed that she had a phobia or disliked touch because one time they were overstimulated and pushed them away and screamed for them to not touch them. The Papyri of course saw right through that once they saw how desperate she would be for a simple handshake or head pat. The Sanses just saw it as her not being rude.

The young girl snuggled into Dream, enjoying his warmth. Dream looked at the kid. Their aura was so happy and sweet. The kid's aura had a tone of hope but also desperation. He almost wouldn't have noticed the desperation and sadness if it wasn't for Stain being there and making their negativity slightly more noticeable. 

He looked at the table and then a chair that used to be Palettes when he was younger. Ink always repainted the highchairs to fit the children instead of buy/create new ones. He said he likes to recycle, Dream accepted that answer since he does like to recycle too when in aus. The highchair was repainted purple, their favorite color based on what some of the Skeleton bros said, and had stars on it, since based on how they were when in an OuterTale copy, they love stars. The plate like thing was painted a light purple, well according to Ink it was a light blue, but Dream didn't believe it.

Dream walked over to the highchair and placed the kiddo down into it. The kid made a small hum of sadness not being touched anymore but quickly began examining the stary chair. Dream chuckled a bit at how fascinated the kid was. They looked so cute and reminded him of Palette when Ink would paint little yellow stars on his highchair when he was 2. Oh, how he missed taking care of baby Palette, now he's 13 and refuses to talk to his now boring and annoying papa.