~thats it~

millienorris

tagged: @astonmartinf1liked by landonorris, lance_stroll and 1,034,734 othersmillienorris: well that's it

liked by landonorris, lance_stroll and 1,034,734 others
millienorris: well that's it. the 2024 season has come to an end. there has been highs and lows but non the less this year has been everything i've dreamed of and i would like to thank aston martin for allowing this to happen. i'm so sad that my journey with the team has been cut this short but ive loved it while it lasted. thankyou to everyone for your support this year. not sure when or if you will see me on the f1 grid again, but until then, see you soon👋
p.s: @lance_stroll i'll miss you🙄🫶

view all comments

lance_stroll: ok crying

lance_stroll: i've loved every moment of this year with you mil💚

landonorris: my fav fucking driver

olliebearman: you've impressed everyone this year love and you will be back before you know it❤️

oscarpiastri: some talent👏

jackdoohan: keep pushing mil🩵

astonmartinf1: it's been a pleasure. thankyou for everything millie!!!
———————————————————————

posting on instagram about leaving the team hurt. it hurt more than millie could imagine. she had spent all year building up a relationship with the team and the crew members, and they truly felt like a family. no matter what, she was determined to stay in touch with, especially with lance. he had helped her through a lot, but had also been the one person to make her time at track bearable. sitting back at home in england, everything started to hit her. emotions started to flood her body as she read over the caption of her instagram post again. that was it. she didn't have a race seat for 2025 and it was too late to negotiate one now. every seat and reserve role was filled, leaving her nowhere.

tears started to fill her eyes, and she didn't bother trying to hold them back. she locked her phone before placing it on the bed as she used her hands to cover her face as she wept. ollie walked into the bedroom and his face immediately dropped as he saw millie sat there crying. he immediately rushed over to sit with her, taking her in his arms and holding her in his embrace tightly, not willing to let go.
"shhhh it's ok" he whispered as she cried into his shoulder.
the emotions continued to flow for a while, until millie managed to find a moment to wipe her eyes and unblur her vision. she moved slightly back so she could look at ollie. his hand came up to her face as he rested it on her cheek, gently wiping a stray tear away with his thumb.

"speak to me" he said softly
she sniffled before speaking
"i think the thought of loosing my seat next year has got to me, that's all. i'm gonna miss it"
he sent a sympathetic smile her way before signalling for him to come towards him. he embraced her in a hug as they leaned back against the headboard of the bed.

"your gonna be back, i just know it. everyone saw how amazing of a driver you were in your rookie season, and i promise you that if the news of you leaving was announced sooner, you would have had multiple teams fighting to get you a seat with them. it's only a matter of time before you get an offer for 2026 because your too good of a talent to be left behind. yeah?"
she smiled up at him
"thankyou"

he leaned his head down towards her and she moved to meet him in the middle. their lips met in a gentle and sweet kiss that lasted a while. when they pulled apart they both whispered three words at the same time. three words that they would continue to say to each other for a long time. three words that they meant and always would.

"i love you"

f1 posting the very next day to confirm the grid for 2025 gave millie an extra sting in her heart, but she knew she had to stay strong and positive about her situation and not focus on what was happening, but to focus on the future and what will happen. she still has to put in the hard work and she was prepared to do that. she would be back...

f1

liked by pierregasly, arthur_leclerc and 2,345,933 othersf1: who's already looking forwards to next year???——————————————————————

f1: who's already looking forwards to next year???
——————————————————————

AN: hi guys!! so as you can tell this book is almost over which is actually super sad😭😭 also that f1 graphic took me FOREVER to make