~Ollie~

sunday 28th july 2024

11:00 am

"where the fuck is arthur" ollie muttered to himself as he checked his watch for the fifth time.
arthur had said he would meet him in this spot and they would head into their meeting together, but he was yet to show. Ollie was getting soaked in the rain, due to only wearing his trousers, haas tshirt and haas coat. he moved his head round, trying to spot arthur amongst the crowd in the paddock.
"ollie!" he heard someone call
he looked forwards to see millie walking towards him. he felt a string of warmth reach into his heart as he saw her wrapped up in her green aston martin coat. he felt happy.

but then he remembered what she did to him. he let his face fall as he turned away, walking towards the haas motorhome and inside, swnding arthur a quick message that he had gone in due to the rain. it wasn't. it was due to millie. he really missed her but seeing her kiss theo broke his heart, which was a pain he had never really experienced before. he felt physical pain whenever he thought about it. he loved her so much. he saw a future with her. and it was all crushed.

12:00 pm

ollie saw millie walk away from dino and paul as they headed towards their cars ready to race. ollie jogged up to the two.
"hey guys, good luck today"
they both thanked him before rushing off to get their cars out to the grid.

ollie continued walking down the pitlane until he stopped outside williams. fred vesti was stood, seemingly in a world of his own. Ollie walked up to greet him.
"hey fred!"
"oh hey ollie. you can stand just inside here if you want? don't want you getting soaked. just don't look at the car yeah?"
"thanks fred" he said stepping slightly under the covers of the williams garage
"this rain is crazy" he then said
"your telling me! it's not safe atall" fred stated
"your right. the f1 academy was stopped for a good reason, so i don't know why they are sending these guys out!" he said, nodding his head towards the row of f2 cars waiting to leave the pitlane.

15:30 pm

"reckon there will even be a restart time?" arthur said to ollie as he walked to his side of the garage and took a seat next to him
"nah no way. i want to race but this is stupidly dangerous. it's 10x worse than when f1 academy was racing and that was called off after a few laps" ollie said once again looking outside

there was silence for a few moments
"when are you gonna speak to millie?" arthur said
ollie turned his head in shock
"i'm not"
"come on mate. your madly in love with her, and don't even try to deny it"
ollie sighed
"yeah i love her, but clearly she doesn't love me"
"maybe you need to hear her out. i thought you were supposed to be clever but your a proper dimwit if you think she wanted to kiss theo"
"but they were always super close since last year"
"okay so maybe theo did that cause he liked her, but you know what millie's like, she's friendly with everyone"
arthur was right and ollie knew it. just last race weekend he had seen her walking down the paddock with esteban ocon, both of them laughing their heads off. he didn't even know they knew each other. but with millie it didn't matter. she would spend time with anyone because she was so kind and friendly as outgoing. she was nowhere near being an introvert. these were just a few of the many things he loved about her.
"alright then" ollie said as he slapped his knees and rapidly stood up. "i'm gonna go and speak to her"
arthur grinned

ollie engineer then came over
"get in the cars boys. it's stupid but seems like they are sending you out to race"
ollie turned to arthur
"okay so i'll speak to her after the race"
arthur chucked
"good idea. good luck mate drive safe"
"you too arth"

16:00 pm

5

4

3

2

1

it's lights out and away we go

starting p11 wasn't ideal for ollie, but he was still proud of what he was doing in that haas. straight away off the line he could feel the lack of grip the cars had due to the standing water, even on full wet tired. he couldn't let that stop him as he made his way into turn one, wuickly but carefully making a brave move round the outside of pierre gasly to take p10. as they headed towards eau rouge, he started to brake very early, knowing this was going to be dangerously slippy. just as he got to the top he saw cars taking avoiding action and saw the red flags being waved.

then he saw it to his left. an alpha tauri and an aston martin in the wall, both smashed and damaged. could it be? no. not millie and jack again. that's when he heard his engineer speak down the radio

Haas: Bearman radio

"red flag"

"don't you dare tell me that's millie and jack "

"it is ollie. bring the car in"

"are they ok?"

"jack is"

"and millie?"

"uncertain"

"WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU MEAN UNCERTAIN?"

"ollie please remain calm and focus on your safety bringing the car into the pitlane"

"NO GUYS YOU DONT UNDERSTAND. IVE BEEN IGNORING HER AND NOW SHES NOT OK. IVE FUCKED UP"