~hey stranger~

imola rolled around pretty quickly, both ollie and lando being cleared to race. a miracle is you asked millie.

"it feel so good to be back at imola" millie said to ollie as they entered the paddock together
"yeah i'm so glad they could get everything sorted and cleaned up" he replied

they walked down the paddock as grey clouds began to fill the sky, threatening to pour rain on all the poor unknowing people below. it wasn't forecast rain, but the sky was seemingly having different thoughts. luckily for the drivers, they were only doing media today.

"i'm gonna head down to the support paddock before i head in to see paul, dino, paul and bianca. wanna come?" millie asked as she turned her head towards ollie
"i'm sorry i've got a meeting in" he checked his watch "10 minutes"
"no worries"
she looked up at the way she was walking to see two papaya figures making their way towards them.
"Lan! Oscar!" she called out catching the boys attention. they smiled and walked over.
"hey mil" lando said giving her a hug
"hey lan, hey oscar"
"hey mil, how are you?" the aussie replied
"i'm good" she smiled back
oscar and ollie exchanged hellos before ollie and lando made eye contact.
she looked at lando
"bearman"
she then turned her head to ollie
"norris"
she gave oscar a confused look to which his response was simply a shrug. Lando looked at millie saying "see you in the press conference" before walking off.
"oh umm by guys i guess" oscar said before jogging to catch up with lando.
millie turned to ollie once again.
"what was that about?"
"i said in miami, your brothers a dick" he said, a stern look plastered on his face
"well yeah but i thought you were kidding, everyone gets angry after a crash" she said concerned
"yeah well i think i have the right to stay angry when he almost killed me"
"was it his fault"
"have you watched the fucking thing?" he snapped back
millie stepped back in shock at his sudden outburst, making ollie's eyes immediately soften and reaching forward to place his hands around her waist and pull her into his body.
"i'm sorry mil, i just know that he didn't need to cause such a crash and it could have been so much worse for both of us"
"it's ok" she whispered into his chest a she hugged him back.
——————————————————————

after what could only be described as a strange interaction, millie made her way down to the support paddock, where the garages for the f2, f3 and f1 academy were based. the rain had really started pouring, forcing her to grab her umbrella before she went. as she was walking towards the red prema trucks, she felt a tap on her shoulder.
"good morning millie"
"zak" she said reaching out to hug the boy, him happily returning the gesture
"how life without prema teaching you?" she asked after they had moved back
"meh, it's alright" he said with a shrug "i miss the boys. how about you?"
"pretty much the same to be fair. i love driving for a formula 1 team but if i could go there and you, dino, paul and ollie were also with me, that would be great"
zak chuckled
"yeah well that's racing. teammates come and go"
"true. maybe we can be f1 teammates together one day?" she said with hope
he smiled
"i wish, i'm nowhere near as good as you. i wouldn't even be able to compete!"
"ummm take that back right now mr o'sullivan"
"hmm last naming me huh? i see how it is"
the two of them laughed together before they said their goodbyes and parted ways. as she was walking away, she heard zak call her name, and as she turned around she saw him pointing his phone at her, clearly taking a photo. she rolled her eyes and laughed as she walked away

zak.osullivan via stories

she eventually made her way into the prema garage, and was greeted by most of the mechanics, as they used to be her mechanics too

she eventually made her way into the prema garage, and was greeted by most of the mechanics, as they used to be her mechanics too. She saw the f2 cars and remembered the good times she had in them. Paul and Dino were stood just by them, and they both ran and gave her a huge hug when they saw her. They may be older than her, but they were the most immature duo she had ever met. She then went back into the truck to see the f1 academy girls.

"hey girlies" she said walking in.
Bianca, Marta and Chloe were all sat together laughing at Binacas phone.
"what's so funny?" millie asked
bia turned her phone towards millie as they watched a tiktok of a cat trying to lick water out of a tap and falling into the sink. Millie giggled at how stupid it was, before catching up with the girls. Marta and Chloe left to get water, but millie and bianca stayed.
"how are ollie and lando after the crash?" she asked millie
millie sighed.
"they are both fine physically but they have been really cold towards each other, which is wierd as they have always got along. like i get anger after a crash but for it to still be going on is mad"
"i mean with the way it happened i wouldn't blame ollie" bianca replied
"what do you mean?"
"have you not seen the crash?"
"no i don't want to"
"maybe you should"

——————————————————————
"hey stranger" millie heard someone say as she felt the couch dip beside her.
she was currently sat waiting for the driver press conference to start. she had no clue which drivers she was on with, but she assumed lando considering what he said when he was leaving earlier. she turned her head to her left to see a bright smile shining down at her.
"jack, hey!" she said putting her arms out for a hug, which he gladly returned.
"gosh i feel like we haven't spoken in so long" he said
"i know and that's on me. i'm super sorry" she replied looking down
"hey it's not. we've both been so busy since making it into formula 1 so we are both to blame here"
she smiled at him. he always knew what to say in any situation, big or small.
"we need to sort going out and having a catch up. i really miss you JD" she said
"yeah we do. i miss you too little lando"
the two of them giggled as the other three drivers entered the room. Daniel Ricciardo sat next to jack, in the middle of the couch, carlos on daniels left and then lando on the opposite end to millie and closest to the interviewer. He sat down and made a start.

"good afternoon everybody and welcome to the second driver press conference of the day. today we have, doing from left to right, Millie Norris, Jack Doohan, Daniel Ricciardo, Carlos Sainz and Lando Norris"
he started by asking everyone how they felt about being able to race at imola this year and then followed on asking how everyone felt about the upcoming weekend. Millie zoned out as some individual questions were asked until they came to her

"ok Millie coming to you next"
she looked up and picked up the microphone ready to speak
"so last race weekend in miami, there was a massive crash involving both your brother and your boyfriend. what went through your mind?"
"umm yeah i mean it was truly scary, of course i don't want to see anyone in a crash, especially one that bad, but i think when it's the two people on the grid who you have the most love for, it's definitely hard to take in"
"and, if you don't mind me asking, after watching it back, who's fault do you think it was"
she hadn't watched the crash. she said to olli she would as he said it would prove a point to her but she never did.
"ummm, i've actually not watched it. can i?"
the interviewer looked at someone who nodded before looking back at millie
"go ahead"

she pulled out her phone and went into youtube, finding the race highlights and skipping to the relevant part. it showed an aired view of the two cars battling through some corners. it the switches to a view that shows lando take one hand off the wheel and give ollie the middle finger, before taking the wheel in both hands and barging into him, which caused ollie to spin out of control. Lando must have thought he would be fine, but ollie's car clipped his as it spun, taking Lando with him. The whole room was silent waiting for Millie's reaction. She was fuming at Lando to say the least, but she wouldn't admit that. Not yet. Not here. She had to stay calm, for the sake of the media, because she knew they would just eat up her going off at her brother infront of all the cameras.

she remembered where she was, and that people were waiting for an answer from her. She looked at the interview and simply said "no comment"
as she returned to looking towards all the reporters infront of her, she could feel Landos eyes burning into the side of her head. He knew she didn't answer that for a reason, and deep down he knew she would be speaking to him about it later...