The next day

Jake's POV

Tina came back late last night, but Tris even later than her. By an hour, at least.

I was still up waiting for Tina to come back safely, and used that time to work a little. She eventually did, but immediately went to bed. She looked really tired.

Which made me think of Tris. If my sister was that tired, what about her? It bet it must've been a bit hard. emotionally speaking, to pack up her whole life.

Anyways, I continued working on my laptop, and I was really absorbed into work, till I heard a car approaching, then soon its engine turning off. 

Since I was sitting comfortably in the living room, I bent my neck a little to peak through the window. I saw her getting out of her car.

I could barely see her as it was dark out and my sitting position on the couch didn't really give me such a wide vision of the outside.
I could hear her walk up the driveway and open the door.

When I heard it click as she closed it, my shoulders relaxed.
I glanced at my watch and shut down my laptop. I thought I could last a little longer for work, but my mind was more at ease now, which made my eyes droop a bit, and tiredness take over my body.   

So yeah, that's pretty much how I spent the night yesterday.

But today I woke up feeling pleasantly relaxed. I didn't take much time to get ready in the morning, because of the deal Tina and I made. 

It was over text. Something about seeing her tear up many times. She made it our mission to support her the best we can and boost her morale. 

So starting today, I was going to show her that she can count on us. I hate seeing her that way. All I want to do is beat the shit out of whoever tried hurting her. But for now, I'll stick to the more beneficial and peaceful plan.

So I finally went downstairs, and found Tina in the kitchen.

- Morning, she smiled.

"Hey. Why are you still not dressed?"

- I just woke up, Jake. But I heard you were awake so I thought I'd make this.

She motions to the blender next to her.

I chuckle. Tina has such an addiction to smoothies.

I go over there and help her cut the fruits on the counter into pieces.

"You should go over there. I'll go after you. Just so I can shower and stuff."

I simply nod and start putting apples and berries in the blender. 

- So, how was New York?

"It was great. We went to Central Park and ate hot dogs. But I didn't get to see more of it, since we had to pack her things. She didn't want to risk running into him. Neither did I", she adds. "It was a bit tiring, though. But I don't know how it was for her. I mean... I saw her shed a few tears, but I don't think she knew I noticed. Other than that, she handled it well. And we ran into her friend, Camilla. She seemed really sweet but I didn't pend much time with her. Beatrice did, though.

- Yeah, I heard her come home later than you.

Tina clears her throat. I glance at her, then notice the smirk forming on her face.

- What?

"Oh, nothing", she says innocently, adding a bit of honey to the mix.

She closes the cap of the blender and turn it on. A few seconds later, she pours the smoothie in a bottle and hands it to me.

 "You get that to her, lover boy."

I roll my eyes but say nothing. There really was no point in arguing with my sister. She's at law school, for God's sake.

I grab the bottle and head over the door.

- What if she's still asleep? I ask.

"Just let yourself in and wait downstairs." she waves me off. "Or don't", she adds with a wink.

I just give her the finger and step outside, but not quickly enough apparently, because I still heard my sister shout.

"Don't do something I wouldn't do!"