Four

Tina's POV:

- B, you have an adorable little cat here!

I was laying on her bed, flat on my stomach. My laptop was right in front of me, but I didn't give much attention to whatever appeared on screen. My eyes were in fact glued to the ball of fur that was playing with me.

"I know right!? I'm so glad I took him back home that day. I feel like it was a sign from the universe."

- Damn hell it was! Weren't you with my brother when you took him?

"Yes but-"

" SO IT IS A SIGN FROM THE UNIVERSE!!! It really took you for the gods of nature to convince you, huh? Guess my words aren't as seriously taken as I want them to be. Do you think I'm even fit for law school?"

Beatrice looks at me, irritated but also amused. She doesn't want to show me, but I'd bet there's a whole grin hidden behind her expression.

- I think the universe would make the world a huge favor if it lets you know to stop with these aspirations. It's getting ridiculous!

- Okay... I suppose you're right... (short silence) Hey, what did you say you named him again?

Beatrice must have noted the sarcasm and malice in my voice, because she rolls her eyes as she puts yet another carton box in her bedroom.

"It's Four", she says firmly.

- Ohhh isn't that Four from the Divergent series? Isn't he the boyfriend of... what was her name again?

"Tris Prior", she says between gritted teeth.

I keep up with the not so innocent act. And the exasperation on Beatrice's face is funny as heck.

- Oh my god! Isn't that what Jake calls you?

"Yes it is", his voice says from behind me.

- Speak of the devil! I say.

Beatrice stands there shooting me daggers with her eyes. She then turns to him and gives him a small smile. He grins back at her and hands her another box that I bet was full of sparkly heels.

- Oh, thanks.

She takes it from him and puts it next to the pile in the corner. Before they both leave the room to get more packs upstairs, she turns over to me and asks innocently: "Oh, Tina! What were you saying about the night you spent at that guy Dave's house? Or was it Chris? Jayden? Oliver?"

Jake's eyeballs practically budge out of his face as he hears the names of three of his closest friends.

Beatrice smiles devilishly as she leaves the room swiftly. I give her the finger with a glare.

"Come on, Four, it's time to feed you!" she yells from the stairs.

Great. Now not only am I stuck with a frowning Jake, but she also took the pet!

I look back at my brother.

- Oh don't give me that face! I say, scrunching my face. She's just punishing me for teasing her about you!

I can see his face expression change slightly, but he tries to keep up with the big brother attitude.

"Tina, if what she's implying is true-"

- Ugh, it's not! I promise! Now go help my soon-to-be sister in law carry her boxes! That girl must have at least a thousand pairs of shoes in her closet.

Jake sighs as I dramatically let out my breath, getting back to my laptop.

- Fine.

"You two are so clueless, I swear!"

He's the one to raise his middle finger at me this time.