Sassy Cassie

Tina and I were eating caramelized popcorn and joking around when something suddenly caught her attention. The corners of her mouth immediately dropped and her eyes popped out in shock.

- What. The. Fuck.

I look in the direction she was fixing her eyes at, and not so later my reaction matched hers.

Cassie Anderson, in her model-like body, was standing with a bunch of guys, including Jake. She was wearing a top so small her boobs were basically seen to the public,  and her low waisted jean shorts showed a belly button piercing that shined more than any diamond ring.

She was standing straight and tall, playing with a strand of hair in what looked like a flirty way, talking to Jake. 

For a second, my heart pinched in my chest. What was wrong with me? 

Jake sensed us looking at them, and when he locked eyes with me he immediately called us to join them.

Tina and I reluctantly did, and neither of us was happy about it. I tried to force a smile on anyways, and approached the meanest girl I've ever known in this town. Cassie and I were never friends. Everybody knows that.

I suddenly felt a hand pull me close. Jake wrapped his arm around my shoulder and turned to Cassie.

- Cassie, this is Beatrice. The girl I was telling you about? Beatrice, this is Cassie Anderson. We had a bit of history a while ago. Didn't really end well, did it?

He smirked at her.

The warmth of his body was extremely comforting, but seeing Cassie roll her eyes made me focus on the circumstances.

It's just an act. He's only trying to make her jealous.

"Yeah whatever. Nice meeting you, Beatrice. But I gotta go now."

Before turning around though, she got close to Jake's other side and put her hand on his shoulder, whispering loudly in his ear "I bet she doesn't kiss you like I do", followed by a wink.

Tina interrupted. She fake coughed to cover up her words. "Whore". 

- Excuse me?!

Tina stood straighter.

- You heard me well. Aren't you with that Bryan now? Or is it Kyle? I can't seem to keep track. Ohhh! You must still be with that Liam you fucked while dating my brother, remember?

 Cassie took a step back and glared at Tina.

"You don't know what you're talking about."

- The hell I do! Cassie, just cut the crap and leave him alone. He's clearly not interested in you.

At the end of her sentence she gave me and Jake a glance. I feel my cheeks turning red.

- Fine. I never liked you anyways, she says to Jake. Nor you, Tina Lina whatever.

She turned her back to her angrily and left.

- Bye! Tina waved happily.

When everyone left with Cassie, Jake removed his arm from me - to my dismay - and Tina turned to us with stars in her eyes. 

"I've always wanted to do that!"

She looked like a kid that had her dream come true, and by the looks of it, I guess it's the case.