I could feel his body tense beside me. Did they really know everything?

"One of our men is close enough to the police to get some of their files." Jorge explained at our confused faces. "We do know everything."

"And I don't believe you're on a holiday all alone." Brenda let go of a breath. "Newton Isaacs. Family members, Sonya Isaacs. Jessica Isaacs is married to Frank Isaacs."

Thomas' jaw clenched. His hand tightened around mine, and suddenly his behavior from confused changed to protective.

"Who else?" Jorge looked at Brenda.

"Minho Lee. Nari Lee, Raphael Lee, and Jennifer Lee."

My body tensed at hearing them knowing Minho's name and his family. I swallowed, holding back any words I wanted to yell.

"Teresa Agnes, Aris Jones, Siggy Egmund, Winston Churchill, and Harriet Tubman."

Thomas' mouth had dropped open. "How do you know all that?"

"You think your father will let you leave the continent without making sure all his colleagues know where you are?"

"He's watching me?"

"Pretty sure he is, Hermano."

"Fuck." He muttered, knowing he had gotten arrested two times and that his father was a cop.

Oh, well.

"How much do you know about us?"

"More than you would want." Jorge sat down now.

"Thomas Edison, arrested by underage drinking and accused of robbing." Brenda raised an eyebrow. "Quinn Parker, arrested by being part of an illegal party and also accused of robbing. Called 911 on the second of January, six months ago."

I bit my lip, not daring to make eye contact with anyone as Brenda continued to talk.

"Said she needed an ambulance."

That wasn't me, I wanted to say. That was Aiden with my phone, telling them to get an ambulance because I had tripped and accidentally cut myself on a sharp part of a building, I wanted to say. But that's not the true story.

"For now, I'm going to let you go." Jorge touched his chin. "But don't be surprised if we'll meet again."

Five minutes later, Thomas and I were walking back to the hut.

"Where'd you call the ambulance for?" He asked.

I didn't respond.

"Quinn." Thomas stopped walking, forcing me to do the same. "Why?"

I lifted a part of my shirt, showing the white scar where Aiden had slashed the knife, then continued walking with my lips pressed together.

Whenever I thought about that moment, I got goosebumps and felt sick, especially because now, I knew none of it was normal.

"What's that from?" He sped up his walk to catch up with me. "It looks painful. Where is it from?"