Prom night pt2

17th Dec

Tu kabhi sitaron ke chadar tale baithke chaand ko nihari hain?” I heard Shreya say.
“God what! Suddenly Urdu kyun bolne lagi” I laughed. She didn't say anything and just held my hand and pulled.

“Where are you taking me Shreya?” I asked her. “Just keep quiet and come with me” She said and continued to walk. We reached our college terrace. It was dark.
Our whole campus could be seen from there. Everyone was busy dancing, drinking and other things. But I don't know why Shreya took me there.

“Why are we here Shreya? Everyone is downstairs” I looked at her. “God you talk to much. Now just listen to me and do what I tell you to do” I nodded. “Lay down” She said. I was confused if heard wrong or something. “Wh- What?”  “Lay down!” She said again. I just obeyed her. Shreya did the same.

“Look at the sky” She said. I saw the stars shining bright in the sky and a full moon. I don't know how to explain this beauty that I was experiencing. It was an internal beauty. I felt like I'm in another world where there's no stress, no sadness and only peace. I was mesmerized.

“It's beautiful Shreya” “It is, the prettiest ” She said. From the corner of my vision I saw Shreya saying those words without taking her eyes off me. I smiled. Or blushed. I don't know.

I looked at her and saw her smiling at me. The moonlight falling on her made her face look more beautiful. I glanced at her lips once. There was a conflict between my heart and mind. “You know what you want, go for it” My heart said. “Don't. This might cause consequences” My mind said. I saw there was just an inch difference between us. And I decided to close it.

And just like that I leaned in and kissed her. I was shocked by my own actions but I was more shocked when she reciprocated the kiss. I didn't think about anything anymore and just let it happen. A simple kiss turned into a fucking makeout session. I hovered over her and kissed her hungrily. Her one hand was grabbing my hairs and one hand was moving on my waist.

I cupped her face to go deeper. We kissed. And kissed. And kissed. I don't how long did we kiss but it was worth it. A kiss never felt this good. In our 4 years of relationship, me and Rishi kissed only few times. But those were also not this good. Wait. Rishi. Fuckkkkk!!!! I pulled out of the kiss. We both were breathless. I have a boyfriend. What the fuck did I just do! Kissed my bestfriend!!

I got up from our position and sat. Shreya got up and sat. She sensed something was wrong. No. Everything we did was wrong! What we did was wrong! It wasn't supposed to be like this. And I'm straight. Like totally straight. But I felt butterflies when I kissed her. Am I questioning my sexuality? I got up and left without saying anything. I don't know what Shreya did. I didn't had the power to look back. I just simply walked away.

                           •••••••••

Everyone was dancing on the floor. But my mood was ruined. I kept blaming myself for the kiss and also I left without saying anything. I don't even know what Shreya is feeling right now. Is she hurt because of me? I don't know where she is. After that incident I didn't see her. I was just busy thinking all these and someone approached me.

“Hi” It was Rishi. He was wearing a purple coat. The kiss flashed on my mind upon seeing him. I kinda feel bad for him. Before I could speak anything he started to talk.
“Ahana I think this is not working. Me and you together is not at all okay. We are not perfect for each other. I think we would be better as friends.”

I was quiet and shocked. What? Did he just broke up with me. What the fuck is happening with me. One moment I'm kissing, no literally making out with my bestfriend and the next moment my boyfriend comes up to me and breaks up with me. I'm literally feeling dizzy right now. My body is shaking. I don't know what to do right now. I need to go out.

                            ••••••••

I was sitting in my car lost. I heard the door open and Harshit came in. He called everyone and told us to go for a drive. As per his plan we'll chill outside, near the beach. From the rear view mirror I saw Shreya sitting quietly. She must be hurt. I haven't talk to her after that incident. But why is it even affecting me. It shouldn't right. Bestfriends do kiss. Sometimes. Maybe. Ahhhhh god this is sooo irritating!!!

They started drinking beer. Ishita offered me one but I refused. I might have had one but my mood is fucking ruined and my head is throbbing! I heard Shreya say “Come on Ahana, this is the last time we are enjoying like this. Kya pata dobara shayad kabhi aisa mauka na mile” I turned around and saw Shreya with her pleading eyes. I couldn't refuse her so I took one sip and started the car.

Everything was running through my mind. Every moment of this day. Why did Rishi broke up with me? He didn't even tell the reason. Suddenly I heard a scream. “Ahana, watch out!”. I immediately rotated the steering wheel and stopped the car but it was too late. I slept. No way. I started shaking in fear. What just happened!

Drishan got out of the car and others followed. A body was lying down. Blood all over the body and road. I saw Harshit going near the body. “Fuck!” He said in a low voice and looked at me. “Who is it?” Ishita asked. Drishan turned around and said “Rishi”. I fell down. I didn't expect that name. “He's dead” Drishan said.

I just killed my ex boyfriend right after we broke up. I am his murderer. I started crying. Shreya tightly hugged me. I kept crying. “We need to report this to police” Harshit said. “We'll be in problem if we do that” Ishita said.  “We don't have a choice” Drishan said. “We can't do that. Ahana was the one driving. We don't want her to be in jail due to his murder. We need to figure out his body.” I heard Shreya say.

“What should we do then?” Ishita said.
Ek kaam karte hain. Let's take his body and we'll dump in the sea” Drishan said.
All of them agreed. I had no energy left in me. They took his body and put it in the back of the car. Shreya made me sit with her in the backseat and let Harshit drive.

We reached the beach. It was midnight so the beach was empty. We went near the sea. The boys took his body and threw it in the ocean. I was still shaking. We saw the body disappear and we left. 

                          ----------