Just the beginning

Present Day

I loved meeting them after so many years. Eventually everyone went home after our meeting session. I went to my house and saw something that I wish I shouldn't have seen. There was blood everywhere. I see red. I told myself not to freak out and silently went inside my room. I followed the flow of blood, and saw it was coming out of the cupboard.

I opened my cupboard, there was nothing other than my clothes. I slowly removed my clothes and saw something was written with blood.
“You will be haunted forever " .
I screamed as loud as someone could. I started panicking. My mind was getting fucked up. Was it a person who was doing these things or was I really being haunted by Rishi's ghost? Everything was getting out of my mind. I could only think of the accident before I blacked out.

                      -------------

When I woke up I saw myself lying on my bed. I jumped up from my bed to see the blood on the floor. But I saw nothing, it was a clean floor. I remember myself being blacked out but that was in front of the cupboard. Who picked me up?

“You awake?" I saw harshit coming in.
“Yeah.. but when did you come? And.. and there was blood all over the floor Harshit. I'm scared." I started stuttering in fear.
“Calm down. There's no one her. No one can hurt you, I'm here with you" I just started at him with my tear strained face.
“There was no blood Ahana. I think you're just hallucinating."
“No Harshit there was blood! You need to believe me!"
“I came here, you were lying down unconsciously and there was no blood. The floor was clean."

“What do you mean I- I clearly saw blood. It was all over the floor" I started crying.. He came near and hugged me.
“Wait, I can show you proof. There was something written inside the cupboard with the blood." I got up and opened my cupboard and there was nothing. Not a single drop of blood. And now I was wondering if I was really hallucinating or not. Maybe Harshit was right, I was so scared that I was hallucinating. But it seemed so real.

But why was Harshit here?
“Maybe you're right Harshit, it was just a hallucination. But what were you doing here?"
“I just came to check on you if you were doing okay or not." I don't know why but I kinda doubted his words. But I remained quiet.
“Okay. Thank you so much Harsh, I don't know what I'd do without you" I said sincerely.
“My pleasure" He said and hugged me before he went out.

                               •••••

17th December 2022

Loud music was playing and everybody was dancing on the floor. I saw Rishi, smiling to someone. But I shrugged out all my thoughts. Rishi is the best kind of boyfriend that anyone would want. But lately our relationship was going off. Maybe due to stress or studies.

I saw Shreya and smiled at her. I went to her and said “What's up. Bored?"
“Yeah, you know me well"
“Of course I do" I smiled. Took her hand and pulled her to the dance floor. “Come one Shreya, it's our last year. Let's not ruin this." Shreya nodded and we danced.

                                 •••••

I remembered that night. I regret many things that happened that night. Our break up, Rishi's death because of me, getting drunk. But there's one thing happened that I would never regret of doing. They are friends, my family. I love them more than my life.

*Buzz buzz*
I heard notification and saw the text. My phone fell from my hand. I was scared. Someone knows more than just the accident. It was the text that was only for me. And I knew it. Because that person attached a picture with it.
I know your dirty little secret Ahana, what you did after the dance. You know what I'm talking about. What will happen if your friends know this? Lol" 

                                •••••