Forgetting

Present Day

“Good morning love"
I opened my eyes slowly and saw Shreya. She smiled and came to me. “How are you? You okay?" She asked. I tried to get up and sit but my head was hurting like hell as if someone had hit my head with something. She saw me having trouble so she came near me and helped me to sit. When I say she's the best person I have in my life, I really mean it. She is a gem.

“What happened to me? Why does my head hurts?" I said while rubbing my temples.
“Your head hurts? Oh maybe because of stress. You just came yesterday so I think you are just tired."
“Did Harshit told you about yesterday?" 
“What about yesterday?"
“I mean the incident. There was blood on the floor. When Harshit came I told him everything but he said I was just hallucinating. And the main fact is that the floor was all clean. Not a single drop of blood was there."

“Wait what? Ahana. What are you saying? You were with me all time. I think you saw a bad dream. It happens Ahana and it's totally okay. The things that are happening are too much to take. It's okay. I'm here with you. Nothing's gonna happen."

I couldn't say anything to her. There was nothing to say. I was in complete shock. I was with her? But then. Okay now I feel dizzy.
Dream? Are you kidding me? Someone says it's hallucination, someone says it's a dream. And here me who feels everything was real.

I was still in dilemma. It felt very real. But if it was real then why was the blood not there when I woke up. The floor was totally cleaned. Shreya asked me if I was okay. I said I'm fine but we both knew I was lying. Shreya didn't question me much because she is a sensible girl and she understood that it was too much going on with me.

“Still in dilemma?"
Whoever person this is, is very clever. I understood the fact that he was following my every move. What I am doing, eating, with whom I'm meeting. My head was still hurting. But this time I was wondering if it was all a hallucination, then why texting me. After Shreya left, I got up to see if there was something that could prove that it was not just a hallucination or dream. For me it was all real and I was not ready to accept it as a dream or hallucination.

I was so panicked yesterday that I didn't get a chance to look out the room. I got up from the bed and went to open my cupboard where I saw the blood and the message. I slowly took out my clothes so that I don't miss a single mark of evidence. I checked out the whole cupboard but nothing was there, no blood.

I thought that I was thinking too much and I should shower first to keep my mind calm. While i was showering, my mind was invested in thinking about the evidence. Was it really a dream? I was with her? Even why would Shreya lie to me. Was I really forgetting that I was with her? But I never had the habit of forgetting things. And this was a big deal. How could I forget the whole part. 

But after thinking so much. The question that arrived was ‘Was I really forgetting?'