42

-Who is texting you?- asked Minhyuk while his friend was drinking a beer at the counter.

-It's Jieun. She still persists with the question of giving it a try.

-Well... You always said that, if you could...

-That was before.

Minhyuk looked surprised. He raised an eyebrow. -Before? Who is she? What's her name? Why didn't you tell me that you finally fell in love? Do I know her?

-Will you shut up? She's one of the club girls, you may have seen her, her name is Nicla.

-Nicla... Nicla... Nicla! Do you like Nicla?

-Yes and then? Now I'm not sure how it works when you like a girl. You don't take her to bed right away, right?

-No, obviously not. But for how long?

-A month, I think.

Minhyuk was excited for his friend but he felt terribly sad for Nayeon. His heart was a mixture of emotions. -Why didn't you tell me before?

-Because I didn't think I could seriously like someone. What do I do now? I'm certainly not the type to invite out to dinner.

-Well but you should try.

-No, it's not for me.

-And what would you like to do?

-For now wait. Sooner or later she will give in to me too.

Minhyuk rolled his eyes. -If you say so...

Jeongyeon sighed. -I lied to you, I don't love Nicla. And I lied to Nayeon and now I have to talk to her.

-Don't tell me that's what I think!

🫧

Jeongyeon had asked Jieun if she could stay alone at her house with Nayeon. The woman, despite some initial protests, had accepted. The girl was on the couch waiting for Nayeon to come in the front door. For the first time in her life she was a bundle of nerves. She didn't know how to deal with the situation. When the door opened she showed herself with her classic emotionless expression. She stood up and immediately received a glare from the landlady.

-What do you want now?

-I have to talk to you, it's important. Jieun asked me not to tell you but I don't feel like lying to you anymore. You are our partner and it is important that you know this.

-Jeongyeon, you're scaring me.

-We went bankrupt, Nayeon.- she said looking seriously into her eyes.

-What... When?

-One month ago. To repay the debt your mother has... Sold half of your cars.

-What!? With what permission!?

-Technically they are registered to both, even if you manage them. Just one signature was enough. But don't worry, the buyer is willing to give them back to you and work with you. It worked out well for you.

-Oh thank goodness.- the girl said putting her hands on her chest. -Damn, you gave me a scare!- she said smiling. -I thought it was something unsol-

-I'm getting married, Nayeon.

The other's smile immediately disappeared. -How are you getting married? Are you engaged?

-The man who saved us from bankruptcy has a daughter, Nicla, I will marry her and together we will be Jieun's partners and yours too. I've made it clear that you need your cars back and we shouldn't cut ties with you. It will be as if nothing had happened.

-It won't be like that...- Nayeon whispered, going towards the sofa to sit down.

Jeongyeon decided to sit back down, moving closer to the other. -I'm thirty years old, sooner or later I should have found someone. We will have children and then I will have the operation.

-Is she pretty?

Jeongyeon raised an eyebrow. -Do you want her?- she asked laughing. -I think she is. Yes, enough.

-As much as me?

-I said pretty, not sexy.

Nayeon smiled secretly. -When will you get married?

-The ceremony will be next year. The wedding will take place next week in the municipality. Oh and... I talked to D.O., it's all sorted out, he's willing to give you a second chance.

-Aren't you scared of marrying someone you don't love?

-By staying with her I'll become attached, right?

-Wait.... Did you talk to D.O.? Why?

-I've already caused you enough damage. You love him, don't you? I'm getting married and it's time you do too.

-No.- Nayeon shook her head looking at her shoes. -I don't love him. Don't you remember? I have never loved anyone.- She smiled and shook her head. -Maybe I did it once.

-Did you love Minhyuk?

-Not him. But I loved someone. Maybe I still love that someone.

-Then good luck. He's a lucky man.

-Yes, and that someone doesn't know it either.

Jeongyeon stood up. -I told you what I had to tell you. Now I have to go talk to my future father-in-law. If you had gotten together with Dylan we wouldn't have gotten to this.

-Couldn't my mother marry a man?

-For the moment it is the only solution we have. See you, Nayeon.

-Bye Jeongyeon.

The girl opened the door and then closed it behind her. Nayeon watched until a tear fell from her right eye. -Marry me...- An unexpected sob came out of her mouth. -Is it really love? I... I suffered too much. I must go on. She... Will get married to someone other than me. She... She will have a wife. A richer, more beautiful woman... Jeongyeon! Come back to me!- she pleaded in vain, continuing to cry as if she had just discovered the cruelest of realities.

-She loved me...- Jeongyeon said leaning against the door on the other side. She clenched her fists and gritted her teeth. -How can I touch another woman if I keep thinking about her?- She shook her head and walked away from the door.

my heart is cracking