25

That dream didn't even make sense. Tzuyu couldn't tell Jeongyeon who was under the mask because Tzuyu didn't know that "Marylin" was actually Nayeon. Yet the thought of that nightmare had been torturing her for a couple of days.

-So, you're going out with D.O. tonight?- asked Dahyun, who had gone to see her.

-Yes, I think so.

-You must really like that boy.

-I suppose so.

-Believe, suppose... Why do you keep going out if you're not sure? It's been over a month now, you should have figured it out.

-Since when do you lecture me?

The girl rolled her eyes. -Excuse me, sum Im Nayeon. Is there anyone else confusing you?

Nayeon rolled her eyes. Dahyun bothering her was the last thing she wanted. -No, it's just that we're adults, things need to be taken more seriously. If you did too, you wouldn't be with Momo right now.

-Good evening.- Tzuyu said entering Sana and Miyeon's shop.

-Tzuyu, we never saw each other again... How did the date go?

-I don't know, I still have to do it. What time do you get off?

The Los Angeles girl looked at her confused. -At eight.

-Then I'll pick you up at nine.

Miyeon, who had listened to everything, ran to Sana with boxes in hand. -Go home, I'll take care of everything.

-But she had to go out with Mina.

-I don't think she's interested in Mina. You like Tzuyu, don't you?

-No, well...

-They all say so. Go get ready and tell me everything tomorrow.

🫧

-Bro, didn't you have to go out with your girlfriend?

-One: she's not my girlfriend, yet; two: I had to.

-And?

D.O. poured himself a glass of water. -She says she can't due to a sudden commitment.

-Mh... And don't you doubt that she's seeing someone else?

-If she was, we're not together, she can do it.

-As you wish, brother. I advise you to be careful.

-We're here, miss.

-Thank you, Richard.

Nayeon got out of her limousine and stopped fearfully in front of that building. She couldn't believe she'd given up on the date with D.O. for what. Luckily Tzuyu wasn't home, having gone out to dinner with Sana. She entered thanks to the doorman, who knew her well, and she went up to the floor where Jeongyeon and Tzuyu's apartment was located. She took a deep breath and knocked. She had to wait a few minutes for Jeongyeon to open.

-Oh it's you.

-Were you expecting someone?

-I thought Minhyuk forgot his keys.

-Can I come in?

-Come.

Nayeon entered the house and closed the door behind her. -Damn... This place is a pigsty.

-It's what happens when you don't have anyone at home to take care of you. Tzuyu is always around and Minhyuk has moved here.

-I can send you Jihyo. My mom would be thrilled.

-What are you doing here?

Nayeon resumed her serious expression and sat down on the couch. Jeongyeon stood in front.

-The girl... From the club.

-How do you know that?- Nayeon swallowed. -Minhyuk, that son of-

-He didn't tell me, I already knew. It's my fault. I wanted revenge for how you treat others and I used the same medicine as you. And honestly, as bad as you are, I may have gone too far.

-You have exaggerated? That girl told me she used me. I've never treated girls I've been with like this. I made it clear from the beginning that there was going to be nothing serious between us.

Nayeon looked at her Chanel shoes. -Yes, I know.

-Who was she? It doesn't matter anymore. I understood that she was a prostitute.

-She wasn't a prostitute!

-Someone who gets paid by you to f*ck another is a wh*re.

Nayeon clenched her fists until her knuckles turned white. -It doesn't matter who she is. It matters that you know that none of what happened is true.

-Maybe it meant nothing to her, maybe she pretended, but I wasn't pretending. It was the best sex I've had had in thirty years.

-I don't think she was pretending.

-You paid her.

-Maybe she liked it anyway.

-Well, you got what you wanted. Didn't you have a dare tonight?

The girl arched an eyebrow. -How do you know it?

-Tzuyu told me.

-Yes, I had, but I gave up on it to come to tell you this in person. Don't act like I'm the only bad one here because that's not the case.

-Well, we're both pieces of sh*t, are you happy? Now why don't you disappear from my house?

Nayeon stood up and straightened her skirt. -Good, I have time to go to D.O. I'll send you Jihyo tomorrow.

-Tsk. What did D.O. do to be the most popular boy in school?

-Still with this story? You were the second most popular.

-Exactly, the second.

-Well... He's kind, nice, polite, treats other people well, he's great...

-And yet you are here with me.

Nayeon looked down. It was true, she had several chances to be with D.O., yet she had refused to go to Jeongyeon's club. It was for the piano, she said, but a part of her at that moment just wanted to be touched by those hostile but familiar hands. Those hands that, however, didn't know they knew that woman's body by heart.

-I have some wine and some pizza in the fridge.

-Are you asking me to cancel my date to eat leftovers and drink wine with you?

-I feel alone, it's the least you can do.

-Tsk. Don't play with me, Yoo.

-I'm not playing. It's the first time in my life that I'm serious. You are playing with me, Nayeon.

stream zone