4O

Dylan had now left with his photos of Nayeon that would be in a couple of magazines in France. Jieun felt so bad about it and almost lost hope. That morning Nayeon was in her living room planning her Thanksgiving with her mother and Jihyo. Jieun would have preferred to celebrate with Dylan, but she was happy to spend that day with the people she loved most.

-To recap... It's, you, me, Tzuyu, Minhyuk, Sana, the uncles-

-No, the uncles and Sana are celebrating in Los Angeles.

-Oh. She didn't tell me anything.

-She left at the last minute. Your aunt called me this morning to tell me.

-Uh... Who's gonna tell Tzuyu now...

-Oh and... I invited Jeongyeon.

Nayeon sighed. -I should have expected it. But it's Thanksgiving and I'm not going to let this day be ruined for me just because of one person I don't like.

-Good!- Jieun exclaimed.

-But... After what happened... I don't know how I should feel about being in the same room with you two.

Jieun looked at her daughter seriously. -I'm really sorry, believe me. But don't worry, it's all sorted out. For me it was just a moment of weakness, I needed someone, for her... It would have been one more conquest and... I don't know... It's strange. I think there is finally someone who has caught her interest.

Nayeon frowned.

🫧

-How happy I am to have you all here!- Jieun exclaimed at the table, while Jihyo served them the turkey.

-I wish I could say the same.- Tzuyu said.

-Come on! Sana isn't here but we are.- Minhyuk told her to cheer her up.

-Exactly.

-Let's try to be quick, I have an appointment at seven.

-No, Jeongyeon, today is Thanksgiving and you will spend it with your family.- Jieun insisted.

-But I don't have a family.

The woman sighed. -Why don't we give thanks for what we have? I'll start. Thank you for this beautiful family. For this amazing daughter who is just as successful in her life as I am and who, luckily for her, is as beautiful as her mom.- Tzuyu rolled her eyes. -And for these kids who are like children to me. Minhyuk who, although he is no longer my son-in-law, will always be part of the family.

-Thanks Jieun.- the boy said, raising his glass.

-And for Tzuyu that every day becomes more and more beautiful and... Funny.

-I appreciate someone noticed it.

-And for Jeongyeon, she is the best partner my daughter and I could imagine.

-Well. Are you finished?- Nayeon asked.

-It's your turn.

Nayeon rolled her eyes. -I give thanks for my female best friend, for my male best friend, for the success and my incredible beauty.

-I'll go.- Tzuyu interrupted her. -I thank for the money and for my friends, also for Minhyuk.

-Thank you, I appreciate you-

-At least his clown face makes me think of increasingly bad jokes, surprising myself more and more.

Minhyuk coughed. -I give thanks for my best friends, who are always there for me, even in my moments of madness.

-Then always.- Tzuyu commented.

-And also for the money. For that I always thank. And for staying healthy. Let's hope everything continues like this.

-Jeongyeon?- Jieun called her.

-I have nothing to be grateful for.

-Jeongyeon.- Jieun said in a firm tone.

-Thank you for the money.- She rolled her eyes.- Now can we eat?

🫧

Nayeon and Tzuyu remained at the table with Jieun and were talking about what Tzuyu wanted to borrow from her friend and that she would "thank" her for. Meanwhile, Jeongyeon and Minhyuk had gone to smoke.

-Jeongyeon, I don't know what you're doing, but I just want to tell you one thing.- Minhyuk seemed to be serious at that moment. He looked into her eyes as if he were about to tell her they were going bankrupt. -Nayeon is not like the others. Once you've lost her, you've lost her forever.

🫧

Nayeon gave up and went to get the lipstick that Tzuyu had begged her so hard for. -Tsk. Let's hope she gives me this back at least this time.- she said rummaging in the bathroom drawer.

-I thank for your body.- said a hoarse voice behind her.

Nayeon whirled around. -Jeongyeon, what are you doing here?

-Stop playing tag. Let's get to it therefore.- she whispered getting closer to her, until she reached a few centimeters from her body.

-What do you want? My mother's over there.

-Your mother was there even when you ran away with Minhyuk. Or do you think Jieun didn't know what you were doing?

-What do you want from me?

-I don't want anything from you, I really want you, and now.- she continued to whisper to her.

-I'm not one of your toys. We've already been... In bed.

-I've been with Marylin, it's different.

Nayeon raised an eyebrow. That girl didn't understand her. -But Marylin is me.

-You see, I was with Marylin, who was you, but I didn't know it. The awareness of being with you would give a different effect. At that moment it was as if I were with another person. I was with Marylin, not Nayeon.

Nayeon looked down. -Because you like people like Marylin, right?

-Girls! Jeong!?- Minhyuk shouted.

-Shut up!- Tzuyu shouted, hitting him on the head with her purse.

The door, which was open, was entered by Minhyuk and Tzuyu. -Oh there you are. The dessert has arrived.

-Well. I got the lipstick.

-Oh good.- Tzuyu said, holding out her hand to get it. -I told him not to come.- she whispered to her.

-And why?- Nayeon asked, pretending nothing happened as she walked next to her friend towards the dining room.

-Because I know you like my sister, Nay. Don't keep lying to me. And then... That idiot Minhyuk let it slip. Well... I got it out of him.

Nayeon sighed. -I am sorry. I didn't tell you just because she's your sister.

-All right. I understand. But from now on don't omit these things from me again. Ah, did Jeongyeon and Minhyuk stay in the bathroom?