16

Daiki and Sana's parents had left and the two cousins ​​had gone back to work as usual. Jeongyeon was also working as usual and by as usual I mean that she was with Minhyuk talking about this and that. Why would she stay locked in an office if there was no appointment? She wasn't entirely wrong.

-So they kicked you out?- Minhyuk asked laughing.

-They didn't kick me out, I left.

-You could have avoided making a scene as usual.

-Is that your girlf... Best friend, whatever she is, needs a little lesson.

-Jeong, come on, isn't her birthday enough for you? Ignore her and she'll ignore you, you'll see.

-I wouldn't be so convinced, you know Nayeon.

-Yes... And I know you too.

🫧

-You surprised me with your invitation to lunch. What's up? Did the agreements from last time go off?-Nayeon asked in front of her rival but also her partner.

-Nayeon, Nayeon, Nayeon... Who gives you permission to humiliate me in front of everyone?

-You humiliated yourself.

-Tsk. And why ever?

-It is known that you are a playgirl.

-But not everyone knows that.

-It's a shame or your share of the agency would probably be mine.

-However, I'm here to give you the chance not to make your life miserable. Apologize to me and I will think twice before taking my revenge.

-Me apologize to you? You should apologize to Miyeon first and then to me too. If only you weren't in my life...

-That's what I hate. I am not part of your life but I am in your life.

Nayeon raised an eyebrow. -What do you mean?

-That we can choose to be a part of someone's life but not to be in someone's life.

-It went badly.

-Very badly, Im. So, this apology?

-You forget it.

-Well, you dug your own grave.

-The last word hasn't been said, Yoo.

Having said that, Nayeon got up and let Jeongyeon have lunch alone.

🫧

-I'm tired of your sister, how she treats women as if they were objects when she's one of us too. About how she treats me...

-Well... I think it would be fun to take revenge. I would have half a floor, but nothing excessive.

-I'm listening to you.

-We should find someone to make her spend the night or more nights with and then make her leave her. Jeong would go mad. You know how much she cares about her pride and no one could refuse her. As dumb as it is, it's an efficient plan.

-You know, not a bad idea. It doesn't even include explosives. I think it's perfect.

-Explosives? What were you thinking of, Nay?

-What do you think I was thinking of?

-It doesn't matter, let's proceed with the harmless plan. I'll take care of the girl.

-No, leave it to me. I know a person who is perfect for this.

🫧

It was eight o'clock and Tzuyu was about to go take a bath when someone knocked on the door. The girl sighed and went to open it, finding herself in front of a girl with short pink hair and a black mask. She was wearing a short, skintight midnight blue dress, quite provocative.

-Are you Nayeon's friend?

-I wouldn't call us friends but I owed her a favor.- the girl answered. -Marylin.

-Tzuyu. Why the mask?

-Jeongyeon knows a little bit about everyone. If she saw me, she'd know I work at Nayeon's and she might get suspicious.

-Ah, so you're that Marilyn. Beautiful voice, it reminds me of my girlfriend.

-Are you taken, Tzuyu?

-We're working on it.

-Well, where is Jeongyeon?

-I think it's at her club.

-I don't remember exactly but doesn't she have several?

-Usually it's always the same. It's called Midnight club.

-Oh yeah, got it.

-Get her a drink.

-There won't be any need, you'll see. Bye.- she said starting to walk towards the elevator.

-You're probably right.- she whispered watching her walk away. -But you like Sana! Stop looking at the others! I'm going to take a cold shower.

-Janet, pour me some... Surprise me.

-You'll see what cocktails I'll make you. Do you have plans for tonight?

-Nothing special.- the girl said licking her lower lip. -You?

-I have to work here, right?

-Or maybe you could leave a little earlier.

-You say so? And why? I need a reason.

-Let's say the boss decided it and there's no arguing about it.

Janet grinned. -All right, boss. Here's your cocktail. Cocktail Janet.

-Then it must be sparkling, just like you.

Crowds of young people who danced in that club as if there were no tomorrow, and among them a girl with cotton candy hair made her entrance. She looked around and immediately recognized her target. She approached her indiscreetly, asking the girl behind the counter for a drink.

-Janet, serve the young lady, it's on the club.- Marylin had prepared a speech but there hadn't been a need. Jeongyeon had already turned her stool around and was already looking at her. -I've never seen you before, is this your first time here?

-I needed a place to pour out my disappointments.

-I see that it's the same for both. Are you alone?

-Do you drink with friends?

-Right observation. What do you think of my club?

-It's okay, but never as pretty as the boss.

Jeongyeon grinned. -I think you know me.

-Not actually.

-Strange... Does the name Jeongyeon Yoo ring a bell for you?

-Not actually. Nice to meet you

-Your name ...- she asked questioningly.

-It doesn't matter to know my name for one night.

-And what would you like to do tonight?

-I don't know... Drinking... Did you have anything else planned?

-Would you like to visit one of my hotels?

-Do you also own hotels? You must be rich.

-Why the mask?

-Makes things more exciting, don't you think?- she whispered.

-Are you here looking for a prey?

-Or predators... It depends.

-Janet, you close the club.

-But Jeongyeon-

-The lady and I are busy, Janet.