Chapter Three: Love

Jericho's POV

I woke up and felt relief wash over me. How long had it been since I felt safe? My body was intertwined with Dayton's. I looked at his sleeping face and he looked so at peace. I was thankful that we were able to cross paths and I no longer had to be near Jason any longer.

"I can feel your eyes staring at me. Are you ready to get up?" Dayton's voice was husky, like he just woke up.

I couldn't help but chuckle and so did Dayton. I noticed he had three fangs rather than four. My brows scrunched in confusion.

"What happened to your fourth fang?" I pointed to his bottom jaw.

I watch as Dayton ran his tongue over his teeth. There was no gap where is missing fang was but a normal human canine. He sucked his teeth before answering me.

"It happened a long time ago during a war." Dayton shrugged.

"But what really happened? You can't avoid my question." I said looking at his face.

Dayton chuckled and untangled himself from me and stood from the bed. He stretched out his body and I took this second to take him in. His black hair was a mess and fell just below his shoulders. His body was usually tan for a vampire. He was incredibly toned and I looked down and followed the small amount of body hair he had exposed, but before I could look and further than his waist band he cleared his throat.

"If you really want to know, it was broken during a war when I tried to bite the of a Sin. We were in a war for the throne and the Sin's believed we were trying to go behind their back, but that wasn't true. However, their king and I were fighting and in the amiss of things I lost my weapon and my last resort was to bite him. With unfortunate luck, I bit as hard as I could and broke my fang." Dayton explained.

"That makes no sense..." I trailed off.

"Sin's have a special plating over the arteries in their necks, protecting them from any kind of trauma." Dayton said turning his back to me.

Dayton was walking into a large closet and came back out with a deep green suit and a simple black floor length dress. He walked up to the bed and set them down and started to dress himself. I watched as he slowly got dressed giving me a tease in the process. His purple eyes snapped up and looked at me. The color quickly shift back to the ruby red I was used to.

"Get dressed, Kitten." Dayton's voice was like silk.

I swallowed hard and gave a short nod and stood from the bed. Without thinking I turned to face Dayton and ran my fingers along a deep scar from the top of his collarbone down to ribs. I could feel the slight shiver Dayton did and before I could go any lower he grabbed my hand.

"Did it hurt?" I asked suddenly mesmerized by the massive scar.

"Of course." Dayton let go of my hand and finished buttoning his shirt.

I quickly grabbed the clothes from the bed and ran to the bathroom. What the hell was I thinking? I felt so embarrassed for some reason, why did I suddenly touch him like that? I shook my head and changed into the dress. It was a simple black long sleeve dress that was floor length paired with a pair of chunky heels.

I was thankful the animal in me constantly gave me answers to every day life and told me about things I missed out on. It was strange how much she was like a mother figure and how much she knew about the world.

I stepped out of the bathroom and looked from the bathroom and didn't see Dayton. The door open and walked in a woman with fire red hair and green eyes. She gave me me a huge smile before speaking.