Chapter 28

Lina's POV
I can't believe Kobe, why would he say that? I was heading towards Paris' bus. It was her birthday and Summer, Kailah, and I were going to celebrate by going to dinner with her and sleeping over. I was close to the bus pick up, but then someone stopped me.

"Hey Lina," says a voice. I turn around and see Kobe.

"What do you want?" I reply harshly.

"Look, I know what I said to you about Paris was cold-"

"Cold!" I interrupt," More like cruel."

"I'm sorry," he mutters," but you have to hear me out."

"I'm listening."

"Ok, well I didn't want to be truthful because my friends were there and-"

"And you didn't want to sound uncool," I interrupt again," Ha, typical."

"Please....listen," he begs. I nod, giving him a sign to go on.

"Ok well I don't like Paris, but I don't really mind that she like me," he explains," And we don't really know each other, but I would like to be friends with her."

"....Is that true?" I ask. He nods in reponse.

"Paris will be happy to hear!" I start to walk off.

"Lina wait!" He yells out. I look behind me and stop in my tracks.

"You can't tell he," he says.

"Why not?" I reply confused.

"Well....because Paris might tell other people, who might tell my friends...and-"

"And that would ruin your coolness," I interrupt.

"Well....yeah, they wouldn't ever let me live that down."

"Oh that's fine, just let a girl keep wondering what she did to make you think that she was creepy and weird," I reply harshly," But if that is going to ruin your coolness, then I guess I can't tell."

"Lina please....."He begs.

"Whatever..."I reply turning my back towards him and walk to the buses. Kobe he is nice sometimes, but other times he can be a complete jerk.

The sleepover was fun, but it was hard to hear Paris or anyone else say Kobe's name without myself thinking about what he told me. I should tell her, she deserves to know, but if I were to tell her then she would want to know why it was such a secret. Then I would have to tell her why, because Kobe didn't want to be teased or lose his coolness. That would hurt more. Eventually I will tell her, but not when Kobe is still here. When he moves I will tell her.

Paris' POV

Spring Break was a bore, and so was the beginning of April. It wasn't until the end of April came that everything got more interesting. Each grade at our school has their own field trip. Well 8th graders get to go to Sacremento for 3 days, and that was in just 2 days. I was so excited. I get to spend all day with my friends and all night in our hotel room! Better yet, Kobe is going. I know what you are thinking, why would I like him after what he did to me on my birthday. Well, something about me is that whenever I have a crush I can't stop liking them. I mean I can, I got over Toby, but he left, and it took the rest of 6th grade to do that. It didn't help that Bryce and John would tease me about it every second of the day. I know I will get over Kobe, when he leaves.

-----------------------

"I still don't know what to pack," complains Summer.

"Well luckily for me I have all my outfits planned in my head, that is just one of my talents," I brag.