State v. Queen Part 1

Start from the beginning

"As much as I love, as you call it, geeking out with him about science, I told him no. I don't intend on being the third wheel while he's gawking at Iris. So I'm hoping this will get them closer."

"She's never going to see him like that," Tommy said. "He's in love with her but has that small crush on you."

I gave Tommy a glare. "Barry doesn't have a crush on me. He's one of my best friends."

"So is Oliver and look how that turned out."

My glare hardened. "This coming from the man who wants Barry to be his brother-in-law."

"Oh, I do. I still do. But I'm saying, Iris won't see Barry the way you see Oliver. They've known each other since they were kids and she hasn't even shown any kind of sign that she's at least into him."

"It sounds like to me, you want to be dating him." I gasped as the door to the hideout opened. "What would Laurel think of this?"

"Ashley! Tommy!" We heard Felicity cry. "He needs help!"

I turned to see her carrying an unconscious Diggle. My eyes widened while I dropped my arrow before heading over. "What happened?" I asked.

"He passed out. I called Oliver to meet us here and -"

"I told you not to call him," Diggle groaned as his body shivered.

"Before that, you said gaw and thud so I didn't take it very seriously."

"She did the right thing," Tommy said as I placed my hand on Diggle's forehead. "Shit, Dig, you're burning up." I looked at Felicity. "Why didn't you take him to a hospital?"

"He needs more than medical attention," Felicity began. "When Dig passed out I sent a sample of his blood to a chemist I know at QC. Guy owes me a favor. Long story. I fixed his parking ticket." Her brows furrowed. "Huh? I guess it's not that long."

"Felicity. The blood sample."

She nodded. "Yeah. It came back positive for trace amounts of Vertigo."

This time my brows furrowed. "What?"

"I never used Vertigo before."

"Yeah, I have. Small advice, don't do it."

Tommy's brows shot up. "You've done Vertigo?"

"It wasn't my choice," I said at the same time Felicity said, "It was forced into her."

"Yet, Diggle was exposed to it somehow," she finished.

"Vertigo's in play again?" we heard Oliver from behind. I didn't realize he came.

"When the Count recovered from his OD on Vertigo he was sent to Iron Heights."

"That got hit in the quake," Tommy muttered in realization.

"He got out the same way the Dollmaker did?" I asked as Felicity went over to the monitor.

"And just like with the Dollmaker, prison officials worked overtime to keep a lid on the escape," she informed us.

Oliver pursed his lips before walking over to our rack of arrows. He twirled one in his fingers and made a move to leave but I stepped in front of him, hand on his chest. "Ollie, I know what you're thinking, don't do it."

"I wanted to kill him when you were hurt, Ash, but I made a choice not to put an arrow in this guy and it was the right choice." He held up the arrow. "I worked this up to counteract the effects of Vertigo" He passed it to Felicity. "Give it to Diggle." Felicity cautiously took it from him. "I...I need to get back to court."