𝟎𝟖| 𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐇𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐲

Start from the beginning

I put my phone down and looked around strangely, how on Earth did he know what I looked like right now? I eyed everyone coming in and out of the restaurant as well as the people already there, and didn't see him at all. Did the man have secret cameras installed on my phone or something?

Picking up my phone, I inspected it, confused. "Ivy fix your posture, sit up straight." I heard my mom say, and I jumped a little before obeying, forgetting about X's stalkerish ways, I fixed my posture and cleared my throat, making sure my back was straight and my chest was pointed upwards while my head was forward.

"Sorry." I quickly apologized and she nodded.

A few minutes later, we finally saw Ivanna rushing towards us, I could see my mom roll her eyes, but I offered Ivanna a smile instead.
"Hey, sorry I'm late." she apologized, hugging me quickly and giving me a kiss on the cheek before sitting at the seat across from me and next to my mom so that she was now in the middle of us.

"It's fi-"

Our mother cut me off before I could even try to reassure her that her tardiness was fine. "The one time all three of us can sit together as a family and you choose to be late? For goodness sake's Ivanna." she complained, rolling her eyes once again and letting out an ashamed sigh, one that made me feel bad for my sister. Those were the first words she had spoken to her, no hi, or hello, and they hadn't seen one another in a while.

"I had to find someone to watch your grandson, since his father is too busy with his new girlfriend to help me out. And it's 'not his turn' yet even though that shouldn't matter because it's his fucking son." Ivanna complained, removing her jacket and placing it on the back of her seat, I gave her a solemn look, not knowing why Julez's father was being so difficult about taking care of his own son for just a few hours.

"Language please." mom said, holding up a hand. "Quite frankly I think you only have yourself to blame for that Ivanna, I mean come on, what did you expect having a baby so young and by a man you're not even married to? Should've listened and got that abortion when I said." she muttered the last part but the both of us still heard her.

I looked at her in shock, while Ivanna was slowly becoming furious. I could see her fist clench and her leg slowly began bouncing up and down, I could tell she was trying to calm her nerves now. Their conflict stirred mostly from that, Ivanna was 15 when first she got pregnant, it was of course consensual, but the pregnancy was ultimately a mistake. And as you can imagine my mom freaked out about it.

She tried many times to have Ivanna get an abortion, but Ivanna never wanted to. Even as a teenager, she felt like her baby didn't deserve to die and stood on that. But in turn, it caused tension, and so much stress from their many fights to the point where Ivanna had to leave, and if it wasn't for my dad, she probably would have never made it.

After all of that, their communication was shortened. Hardly any calls to each other, hardly any visits, and our mom never introduced herself to Julez. All she did was refer to him as a bastard and resent him. I hated that. He was just a kid.

"I was definitely young and dumb for my decisions but I was not going to kill my baby over that. I chose to step up and take responsibility for my own actions because I knew I could make a way. With or without you." she asserted, her tone low, but I knew she wanted to yell.

"Hmph. Doesn't seem like it." my mom muttered back.

I held my hands up before they could start, "Guys please stop. We're in public, this is embarrassing." I pleaded.