𝟎𝟔| 𝐇𝐢𝐬 𝐆𝐢𝐫𝐥𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝

IʋσɾყMαყ 2ɳԃQυҽҽɳʂ, NY

Iʋσɾ
2ɳԃ
ҽҽɳʂ, NY

I stirred slowly out of my sleep, my eyes struggling to flutter open, as they still felt a little heavy. I placed my hands over my lids and rubbed them for a few seconds to adjust to the light. My head was pounding, yet my body as a whole felt extremely tranquil. It was weird.

As I blinked a few times, I finally got my eyes to open and found myself to be in an extremely unfamiliar bedroom, bathed in soft morning light. The room was sparsely decorated, and the scent of fresh linen hung in the air. I looked around, noticing a reflection above me and saw there was a mirror placed up on the ceiling. Confusion crept in as I tried to piece together what exactly that was for.

Weird.

Suddenly, the distant sound of raised voices reached my ears. Muffled by the walls of the house, the yelling seemed to come from somewhere within. The voices, one belonging to what sounded like Xaier, and the other sounded like it belonged to a woman, they both clashed with intensity and it made me become a little frightened.

Yet thinking about Xaier, all the memories from last night finally crept into my mind, and I gasped once I realized exactly what happened. I shot him.

Standing up abruptly from the bed, I stumbled a little, looking around the room to see my dress folded neatly with my purse and phone sat on top of it. And my heels right next to that little pile. I picked up my phone to see it was fully charged and checked my notifications.

Multiple missed calls from Jayce, my mom, Ivanna, and Nayeli. Multiple texts from each of them asking me where I was. I felt bad for making them worry, but I also didn't want to really communicate with any of them. Except Nayeli maybe, she was the only one I felt that wouldn't judge me. My finger hovered over her contact name to call her back, but I jumped when I heard a voice yelling again.

My head snapped up and my instincts urged me to investigate the source of the commotion. I only hoped that he wasn't in any grave danger because I wasn't protecting him from shit.

After mistaking both the closet and the bathroom doors for the exit, I finally approached the right door and the yelling became louder. Except this time I couldn't hear Xaier yelling back, just the woman's voice. Stepping out onto a wooden floor, I creeped out of the bedroom and poked my head behind a corner which I could assume led to the living room, but it wasn't, it was just a hallway.

"X?" I called out, slowly walking down this seemingly endless hallway, until I got to the end where I could clearly see the living room from behind the corner, and X sitting there on his couch playing the Playstation while a girl stood over him.