22

“Too late, Dr. Choi Sohee.” Sohee felt a chill run down her spine as a deep voice echoed through the room, sending shivers through her body. As she slowly turned around, she could feel the hair on the back of her neck stand up as an eerie sense of dread filled the air.

Sohee gulped as stood up, turning to face the horror standing there.

His ruffled hair and exhausted face gave him a wild but determined look, as his menacingly dark eyes bore into her. His weakened stance only seemed to add to his intimidating aura, as if he was an untamed beast that was just waiting for the right moment to strike. He stood there, barely able to stay upright, yet the strength of his presence was undeniable.

Jimin weakly gazed over Taehyung glaring at Sohee, finding it hard to breath he grunted as with great struggle pushed Sohee taking her by surprise, to the other side before Taehyung lunged towards her. Sohee fell far away on the floor at the opposite side of both men.

Taehyung almost fell on the ground, his dark bloody veins popping out on his face and neck, his eyes glowed with a red hue, and his sharp canines glinted in the light. He had a feral aura that seemed to radiate off of him as he snarled. He let out a menacing growl that reverberated through the room, shivering Sohee to her core.

He glared at Sohee who sat against the wall, her entire body trembling, her eyes wide with fear at the terrifying sight in front of her.

“You and your soulmate Yeonjun… both have terrible fate written in your life all thanks to your descendant LORD JIN!” Taehyung roared as breathe heavily, his fierce gaze stabbing in her, “Scared of me? HUH! YEONJUN LOOKED THE SAME WHEN HE KILLED ME!!”

Sohee was petrified at the monstrous sight of Taehyung in front of her eyes, unable to comprehend anything. Her palm as if pinned on either of her side and breath stuck in her throat.

“He was nothing before, just a weak extra goalkeeper in the Minosan team, lonely LOSER!” Taehyung hoarsely spit in frustration, “No one was there for him, his parents died in a car accident, no friends while growing up, always bullied by his own football teammates, always punished, the only girl he ever loved never returned his feelings and then he died like a dog in this forest by me with no even asking about him.” Sohee’s eyes burned with tears as Taehyung kept on.

“THAT FUCKING BASTARD DARED TO KILL ME! I WAS GOING TO MAKE EVERYONE VAMPIRE BUT TURNED INTO THIS ZOMBIE!” Sohee flinched with Taehyung suddenly screaming. 

“They say soulmates are each other’s power, they complete each other’s energy… the reason why you are here. Your presence giving power to Yeonjun who is fighting out there with Namjoon, because you are each other’s fucking soulmates?” Taehyung sighs as looked back at Jimin, “This Park Jimin is my soulmate?” He burst into laughter as harshly pulled Jimin up by his shirt facing him.

“Who the hell will ever believe this! BUT THIS IS TRUE ISN’T IT! THAT IS WHY YOU FELT PAIN IN YOUR CHEST! BECAUSE OF nonsense SOULMATE CALL! BUT IT WAS PAIN BECAUSE YOUR SOULMATE IS GOING TO KILL YOU TO GET POWER.” Taehyung tilted his head and clenched his jaw in deep hatred.

“You know Sohee, killing this bastard will give me powers! POWERS TO STAND AGAINST YEONJUN! At Least one of the Park sibling’s deaths will be useful.” Taehyung scoffed as moved his head towards terrified Sohee looking at them.

“HE WAS GIVEN THE LIFE BACK BUT HE CHOSE TO STAY IN THIS DARKNESS BECAUSE THERE WAS NO ONE HE COULD GO TO…” Sohee’s eyes flickered as she heard Taehyung. 

“The only person because of whom Yeonjun was living, Micha and I KILLED HER TOO. And then…” Sohee could feel her blood boiling as Taehyung kept on, “I stabbed him in this forest itself, and that poor soul was left alone drenching in heavy rain…” Sohee’s heart as if pierced apart as the brutal truth kept on unfolding.