Chapter 15

One Week later

It felt good to be able to walk. Although, I must admit, I nearly fell when I first stood up. It had been far to long sense I had used my legs. I feeling much better. Most of my stiches were out and although I wouldn't be doing much, I still could function. I was happy as I walked out of my hospital room with Bucky. Then I remembered. This wasn't SHEILD. This wasn't home. This was Hydra, and I was a prisoner. I wasn't going back to the welcoming arms of friends. I wasn't going home to my comfy bed. I was going back to a damp dark prison cell. I wasn't going to be relaxing. I wasn't going to talk to Steve. I was going to sit and stare at a grey wall.

The realization nearly broke me. I stopped mid step. My happiness melted away. I sighed and I knew Bucky understood. He grabbed my hand as armed men escorted us back to our cell. I looked around our cell as the door clanged shut behind us.

I fell to the floor and began sobbing. I didn't know how much longer I was going to be able to take this. I looked up and saw Bucky sitting on his bed staring at me.

"What? I know I know. I look like a hot mess when I cry but there is no need to stare," I said.

"What's wrong?"

"What's wrong?  What isn't wrong? I am stuck in Hydra being held against my will and forced to fight the people I vowed to protect. Of course I am upset."

"I'm sorry."

"Just hold me please."

I felt his arms go around me and I felt peace. Peace in his arms