Chapter 1

I hugged Steve before he left.

"Be a good girl." He whispered to me.

"Try not to kill yourself." I said. He laughed and hugged me again.

I waved as they left and then walked back inside. I saw a new file on my desk.

Good. I need something to do. I thought to myself. Then I saw the label. "Bucky Barnes." I picked it up. A post-it was stuck to the first page.

 I heard you were interested. Hope this helps.

~Steve

I smiled but still felt a bit uneasy. I had worked so hard so that Steve would never find out about my curiosity. I was worried he would be angry. But my curiosity was getting the better of me. I couldn't wait to read what was in the file. I calmed my erratic breathing and began going through the file.

~~

Someone grabbed my arm roughly and shook me awake. I had fallen asleep at my desk. It must have been hours. I mumbled something incoherently. I was awake in a moment when a fist hit my ribs. Hard. My eyes shot open and I gasped for breath. I was pulled from my desk chair and shoved roughly to the floor.

"Grab those files! Destroy the place if you must, but find that file!"  A man's rough voice said to a group of soldiers. They walked off without a word.

"What about her?" The guard that had a steel grip on my arm asked.

"Take her with us. She will be a valuable prisoner." The first man said.

"But Sir! All the cells were destroyed." The guard said.

"Not all of them." The first man said.

The guard's eyes widened but he nodded and dragged me to my feet. My hands were bound tightly together and I was pushed roughly along. My ribs were killing me. I could almost feel the bruises forming. I was shoved roughly into a helicopter with no windows in the back. We flew for what seemed like hours. When we finally landed, I was dragged from the plane, pushed down a dark corridor with blinking lights, and shoved into a dark cell. The force was so violent that I stumbled and my ribs hit the edge of a small table in the center of the room. The guard slammed the door harshly behind him. I gasped in pain and gripped my stomach. I steadied myself and began to look around the cell.

The room was definitely made for prisoners. It was not roomy but it seemed a lot bigger then I imagined. The walls were a drab grey and made of cold, damp stone. There was a small light on the wall closest to the door and two small beds on opposite facing walls. And of course there was the small table I bumped into and two small chairs scattered around it. I saw all this in one quick glance. When I went to take a closer look, my attention focused on something hadn't seen before. Something that I missed when I was  inspecting the room at a glance.  Sitting on one of the beds on the walls, was a man I had only seen pictures of, The Winter Soldier.