Chapter 7: Preparation:

"You're going to pay for hurting me." A snap would echo within the kings' hall as Empire soldiers would line up together with magicians that Prince Zorzal managed to hire from another continent.

Usually, a fight like this would be easy for trained soldiers like Itami, but these magicians were another thing that the JSDF had never fought before.

*--*

Ryan would walk to the outskirts of the tavern, his boots clenched on the dirt as he looked at the destruction all around him, the earthquake caused quite a lot of damage. Luckily the JSDF and the Japanese people as a whole knew how to quickly compensate for damage done by earthquakes.

The tavern was still being repaired, so going inside for a briefing wouldn't be much of an option.

The whole team stood outside, all of them resting or waiting for Ryan. Jackson looked the most tired out of the whole team, his eyes were red with baggage as he struggled to even stay awake, having spent all night assisting JSDF soldiers with anything medical-wise, only getting around 3 hours of sleep.

Ryan received the news of what happened last night from the Major himself with the help of Aiden.

Aiden knew what was going to happen, but he held his tongue from the other team members as it was Ryan's job to brief them.

"Listen up! This is urgent." Ryan shouted as everyone turned their attention to him.

"I just got word from the Major that multiple JSDF soldiers as well as the Japanese ambassador were just captured at the Capital of the Empire with the Vice Minister in hiding . The Empire warned the rest of the JSDF that if anything was sent to intercept or break out the hostages then they would execute them immediately. I want all of you to be at the ready, the Major and their command are coming up with a solution, but be ready for an operation in 24 hours."

Ryan looked at everyone, and all of them gave their nods of acknowledgment. "Good, all of you are dismissed except for Claire, I need you for a few minutes. And Jackson get some sleep, that's an order."

Everyone starts to move out as Markus pats Jackson on the shoulder. "Get some sleep, we're gonna need you once we start to move out."

"Yeah... I've been through worse but I heard Ryan." Jackson gives a nod to Markus as he walks away

*--*

"What'd you need me for?" Claire walks next to Ryan as he gives a hefty sigh.

"Radio got banged up from the earthquake, I need to make a call with command. Then afterward I need to speak with the Major to see what their gameplan is." Ryan walks to his barracks as all of the furniture would've been beaten up or thrown all over the floor, both Jackson and Ryan seemed to have picked up all of their gear and fixed their beds, but it still was a mess.

"Grab your radio if it isn't broken and meet me back here." Ryan looks to Claire as she nods, jogging away to her barracks room.

Jackson could be seen trudging over to the room, giving a nod to Ryan as he walked inside. "If you need something Ryan just wake my ass up. Gonna get some shut-eye."

"As you should, I'll leave you to it." Ryan walks inside he grabs a small booklet of a list of items that he sorted out before grabbing his radio, something popped up in his mind.

"Chris, I need you to get ahold of some maps that the JSDF might've scouted out around the Capital as well as in the Capital. Bring Aiden with you if you need to talk to JSDF." Ryan lowers his radio, letting the silence grow for a few seconds.

"On it, Aiden meet me outside the Tavern, we'll go from there." Chris replies on the radio.

"10-4." Aiden would reply, quick and easy.