Chapter 1: Time is Ticking

Ryan walked down the halls of Fort Moore, his mind tacked slightly on the news of multiple American operatives found dead in Japan. What were they thinking? Tensions were already high and now someone in high command sent a few soldiers who had no actual equipment?

He shook his head, dusting off his Rangers patch on his left shoulder before opening the door in front of him. As soon as he stepped in, he paid full attention, saluting to the Colonel sitting at his desk in front of him. "Colonel sir."

"At ease Lieutenant Tozz. Take a seat." The Colonel ordered as he looked at Ryan.

Ryan took a seat, still holding an abundance of files he gathered all day yesterday.

"Time is of the essence as you know it Lieutenant Tozz. Someone had the grand idea of sending American soldiers to fight in allied territory, and now I've been assigned to clean it up." The Colonel sighed as he motioned to the files Ryan had on hold. "You know why I called you here. You worked with the JSDF for a small time, not as much as the Marines but I heard you made some friends."

"Yes sir." Ryan said with assurance, he did know some people in the JSDF and got along well with them.

"It seems everyone has different ideas on how to settle this problem. I'm trying to prevent us from another war, I need soldiers, the best that you know but ones that won't cause trouble. We can't afford another mistake here." The Colonel leans back in his chair, staring Ryan directly in the eyes. "So Lieutenant, who do you have in mind? Every resource we have is at your service."

Ryan squinted his eyes before taking the papers tucked under his arm and pulling out the 6 other pieces of paper in them. "I've got my team, sir. I just need them at Yokota Air Base by next week."

"I can manage that within three days Lieutenant. Now let me hear who you've got in mind." The Colonel puts his hands together on his desk awaiting Ryan's introductions.

"Well, for my XO I want Staff Sergeant Jackson Hughes. A combat medic, both of us worked together before I went into RRC. He works together well with everyone and is an optimistic thinker." Ryan pulled out a small piece of paper and set it for the Colonel to see, flipping it around for him.

"Next is Sergeant Jason Yang. Coast Guard Precision Marksmen and one of the best I've seen. I've had the pleasure of watching him shoot when they were doing marksmen competitions between the branches" Ryan continues to flip through the pages as he nods to one of them

"One of our key operatives. Corporal Claire Chisaka. Tech specialist, a part of the Air Force's TACP. She was one of the only women to make it through TACP training. She's also Japanese and is fluent in speaking the language, she'll be our translator for the mission." Ryan looks at the Colonel's face of uncertainty. "Something wrong sir?"

"What do you think the locals will think of her? She's with us, but she is Japanese." The Colonel questions as he looks at Claire's file.

"She's an American, she knows what she's fighting for. We're trying to prevent a war here, having her might help keep some of the people calm knowing that she trusts us." In Ryan's eyes, he knew he could trust Claire, they met a couple of months ago during a training exercise. She'll be one of the most important people in this team, they'll need her to settle down tensions.

"Next is Corporal Mike Norwood. Machine gunner-Weapons specialist, a part of MARSOC."

"Pulling people from every branch Lieutenant?" The Colonel takes the file with a sigh. "Asking for all of these people under all of these branches might be a problem. Some of the other commands from other branches hold their own regard for this incident. The Marines especially aren't taking it nicely. A couple of Marines were arrested by Military Police before they could storm that portal."