I LIKE YOU! | Rengoku Kyojuro

←❆→

←❆→

"I like you."

Kyojuro paused, smiling to himself. "I know, honey! We're dating."

"But I've never liked anyone this much!" You whined softly, leaning your head into his chest. He laughed and pressed his lips against your forehead.

You played with his fingers, a habit you have formed whilst dating him. You were not the only one who had formed a habit. Kyojuro found himself kissing your wrist, knuckles, forehead, your temples. He believed every inch of you deserves love.

The two of you weren't doing something big to deserve this declaration of "love". After the final battle, Kyojuro woke up from his coma. And now, the two of you are sitting cross-kneed across each other, drinking tea — Well, him. You only stared at him like he was your whole world.

When he set the tea down on the table, Kyojuro scooted instantly beside you and hugged you around the waist.

The surprising things in this relationship were Kyojuro being the reasonable one and also him being the most affectionate one.

It was cute how affectionate he can be. Hugging you from behind, stroking the other's arm soothingly, kissing your scars that hold a story, playing with your hair.

"Sometimes, being with you feels like a dream that I don't ever want to wake up from." He smiled softly, nuzzling into your neck.

You giggled at his comment, leaning into him, "I don't even know how to respond to that, but this is real life."

He was quiet at first then spoke, "We should be wed."

Softly smiling, you think to yourself how many times he had said that to you. "I know, 'Juro. But, that's too fast!"

He sighs, and you can feel his mood drop and his disappointment unhidden "I know! It's just that... Obanai-san and Kanroji are already wedded! When will be our turn?"

"We've only been with each other for 3 weeks-"

"But we've been great allies, rather great friends! Don't you think that's enough waiting?" He butted in, his arms tighten around your waist.

You pinched his cheek, which you received a 'yowch!' and looked at him with furrowed brows, "We have the whole time of our lives. And, I'm not ready yet."

He pouted at that, nuzzling himself deeper into your neck. "...You're right. I can wait. But next time if I ask you that question and you decline, I'm carrying you to the altar with me!"

You slightly tilt your head to the side, wearing a grin, "Sure. Carrying me to the altar sounds like a good idea to me though."

He flipped you around, now you are facing each other. He brings his face closer to yours, lips almost touching. "Marry me."

You wrapped your arms around his neck, muttering. "I am forever yours, Kyojuro."

He presses his lips to yours for a moment and pulls away, the tip of his ears burning red. "I really like you, like a lot."

"What a coincidence. I really like you too."

←❆→