ALONE | Tomioka Giyuu

←❆→

←❆→

Retired and well, Tomioka Giyuu, using his left hand, grabbed his salmon daikon with his chopsticks, blowing it and eating it in one whole.

Trees blissfully moved around the Water Estate as birds chirped. He was eating alone. He liked eating alone, at least that's what he thought at first.

...Stare.

When he lifted his head, he saw you crouching on top of his table, your face close to his, eyes observing intensely back at him. You came out of nowhere, using your immense skills to your advantage.

You poked his cheek. Tomioka's brain blanked.

"What'cha eating?" You sang, jumping a seat next to him.

"SImmered salmon with daikon. Do you want one?" He offered, preparing to grab one but you pushed him away.

"No, no. I just wanted to see how you are doing!" You giggled, wiggling your fingers in a teasing manner.

A moment of silence. So silent that the only noise that they could hear was the wind. Tomioka didn't say anything and continued eating his dish. You hummed some tune, staring in front of you, which is an open door of the view outside.

"Everything Alright?" He questioned.

"Nah, just missed you."

That's what you said, just like the other day, and another, and another... So, he asked again.

"Y/n."

"Hm?"

"Why are you here?"

You turned to him with a tilted head, then saw him looking straight into your eyes. The scratches and scars on his face were still visible, his hair was cut short above his shoulder, and his bandages weren't even off his torso as instructed by Shinobu.

"I like your new hair by the way!" You say as if you were avoiding the question.

"You have your own estate, do you have not?" He inquired, looking genuinely curious. The dish on the table was forgotten as he was focused on you.

"Um- I like your kimono, It looks nice on you!"

"Y/n."

Oh god. Those dark-blue eyes intently gazing at you can swallow you whole anytime. You stay quiet.

Then, you break into a grin, eyes wrinkling, "It's because I like you, of course!"

Tomioka's eyes widen before letting a small smile paste his lips, "I like you too as a friend, Y/n."

"No, no. I mean, I like like you." You told him again, pouting evident on your lips.

"Oh? Well, I like like you too." He let out a quiet laugh and for a second, you had to make sure you weren't going to the light.

You grabbed him by the cheeks. "Tomioka." Your face became serious; no signs of childishness or teasingness. "I like you! Not as a friend. Not as acquaintances. Not any of that stuff! Let's be in love. Let's spend our whole lives being with each other."

He looked at you as if you were the one who drew the stars. At that moment, He smiled sincerely. He grabbed one of your hands and kissed your knuckles tenderly while staring into your eyes.

With newfound confidence, Tomioka leaned in, lips fanning his breath against yours, then finally pressing it. The kiss was slow, inexperienced yet intimate, full of love. His one hand slid under your clothes, softly stroking your skin. You softly smiled against his lips, breaking the kiss, and giggled.

He looked at you in amusement, a playful smile adorned in his face "Are that ticklish?"

"I'm sorry, It was just so unexpected!" You gushed, "I can't believe you just accepted my confession! Everyone whom I confessed to always get tired of me."

He began pressing soft kisses on your shoulder, using his only arm to keep you close to him. You run your fingers through his hair, smiling like a giddy teenager.

Tomioka whispered into your skin, "Believe me, I will never be tired of you."

←❆→