she comforts you when one of your parents passes away (requested)

"Come on, my love," Mina whispered as she put her arm around you and led you out of the hospital room.

You can still remember the flatline of the machine that you heard just a couple of moments ago after your father took his last breath.

Your mom and other family members had left a little while ago because they couldn't be there when he slipped away but you stayed, unable to bring yourself to leave.

Mina stayed there with you and you're happy she did because you need her now more than ever.

You can hardly walk as you lean against her and let her lead you over to a chair outside of the room.

She sat down beside you as you began to sob and she put her arms around you to bring you closer as the tears streamed down your face uncontrollably.

This was a devastating loss for you.

Your dad was your whole world.

You've always been so close to him.

He was almost like your best friend.

He's been sick for a while now but he took a turn for the worst a few days ago and today, it seemed as though it was his time to go.

It was hard for your entire family as your dad was a rock you all leaned on but it was especially hard for you.

"Mina," You sniffled and she protectively held you a little tighter. "I miss him so much already."

She closed her eyes and took a shaky breath in as tears began to fill her eyes too.

Your dad had always treated her so well, making sure she always felt included and as though she was a member of the family.

He told her all the time how happy he was that you and Mina had found each other.

He always looked forward to the day you'd get married and start your own family, promising that he'd happily support you both through it all.

But you didn't have the time to do that before he passed and it was a heart-wrenching thing to think about.

"I know you do, baby. I do too." She said as she brushed her fingers across your back soothingly. "He was always so kind to me and he supported us so much."

"What am I going to do without him?" You cried. "It's so unfair."

"I know it is." She said as she kissed your head. "I know it doesn't feel like it right now but I promise everything will be okay. Always remember how proud of you he was and how much he loved you."

You looked into her eyes as you sniffled.

"I don't think I'll ever be okay again."

She kissed your head again and dried your tears, only to catch more with her fingers as they continued to fall.

"It will be, in time. Because I'm here for you, okay? I'm going to be there with you every step of the way and no matter how long it takes for your heart to heal, I'll be here for you no matter what."

You leaned into her touch as she caressed your cheek.

"Your dad is watching over you now, I'm sure of it. He always told me that he was so proud of you. Whenever I saw him, he always told me that you were his whole world and that he was so proud of who you've become."

More tears slipped down your cheeks as you let her words sink in.

"And he loves you so much."

You nodded quickly, quietly saying that you love him too.

"And I promise, even though he's not physically here with you, he's still right here. Safe here in your big, beautiful heart." She said as she brushed her thumb across your chest, right over your heart. "And that won't ever change."

You threw your arms around her neck and continued to sob and Mina just squeezed you tightly, giving you lots of love and comforting words as you did so.

"Ready to get out of here and head home yet?" She asked a few minutes later when you calmed down a little.

"Yeah." You sniffled.

"Okay. Come on."

You stood up and she took her hoodie off before wrapping it around your shoulders.

She held you close as you stepped out of the house, ready to go home and crawl into bed with Mina, needing her to hold you close and tight for a very long time.