finding out that she's cheating - part two (requested)

"Here." Chaeyoung softly spoke as she handed you a glass of water.

You didn't know where else to go so you headed over to her place after leaving Mina's.

Even though you grew close to all the members while you had been with Mina, you had become extra close to Chaeyoung.

There wasn't anything else there besides a close friendship, nothing more than her being here for you when you're most vulnerable and need a friend to rely on and talk to.

And that's what Chaeyoung was there for.

"I just can't believe she did all of that." You said quietly before taking a few sips of water and then set the glass down. "I never thought she'd do that to me. I'm a week into my marriage and it's already over."

"Y/N, you deserve better than that. You'll find someone who loves you and treats you better than Mina. You didn't deserve anything she put you through, you and I both know that."

You nodded wordlessly.

Even though you could never forgive Mina for what she did and you know she isn't worth your tears, you still can't help the ones that fall from your eyes because you truly did love and care about Mina.

That's why you married her; because you wanted to feel that way for the rest of your life.

But now, the feeling has faded a little and everything has changed.

"I want to go to bed." You said. "I'm going to make myself comfortable here on the sofa."

"Don't be silly, Y/N. You can sleep in the guest room. You need a cozy bed to sleep on." Chaeyoung said with a little smile.

You thanked her and stood up to head upstairs, only to freeze when a knock was heard on her door.

"Who could that be?" You asked.

"I think I know." She sighed before she got up and went to the door.

And she shook her head in disappointment when she saw Mina standing there.

"Is Y/N here?"

"Go away, Mina. She's done and doesn't have anything to say to you." Chaeyoung spoke before trying to close the door.

But Mina put her foot in the doorway to keep her from closing it.

And Chaeyoung huffed in annoyance as Mina stepped inside her house.

"Y/N," Mina sighed in relief when she saw you.

"I don't want to talk to you." You said before turning away to head upstairs.

"Y/N, please wait!" She pleaded.

You turned around to face her, folding your arms over your chest.

"What?"

"I'm so sorry." She said. "I just want to talk to you."

"Why, Mina? It's not going to change anything! You made your choice and so did I."

"But I love you!" She said as her lower lip trembled.

You had to admit it - it did make you sad to see her so heartbroken.

You used to comfort her when something made her sad.

You used to pull her into your arms and kiss everything better.

But you can't do that now.

You refuse to.

"I don't know what to do without you." She said. "You're my everything."

"Then why did you cheat and lie to me?" You asked. "I couldn't ever do to you what you did to me. Because I actually loved you, Mina. It wasn't just something I said, it was something I felt. I gave you everything! I wanted to spend my life with you and have a family with you. But all you did was cheat on me and betray me day after day! You were the one person I trusted to never break my heart but that's exactly what you did!"

She sniffled as tears fell down her cheeks.

"You're foolish to think that I'd ever forgive you. I'm done, Mina. I mean it. You made your choices and now you have to deal with the consequences."

"But, Y/N," She pleaded.

"I don't want to hear anymore. I want you to leave."

She looked at Chaeyoung, who wordlessly nodded over at the door, telling her she needed to go.

"I thought my happy ending was with you. But I can give myself that better than you can."

She lowered her head and wiped away her own tears.

"I'll find someone else someday and so will you. Just treat them better than you treated me."

And with that, you went upstairs to the guest room and closed the door behind you.

"Go, Mina," Chaeyoung said.

Mina headed to the door.

"Take care of her." She told Chaeyoung.

"I will. A hell of a lot better than you did." She said before she closed the door and turned the lock.

And she watched out the window as Mina got in her car and drove away, knowing that she'd lost you forever.