𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏

It was a beautiful afternoon in Jasper, Nevada, as you were sitting at a table outside of a cafe.

You only have been here for only a month and a half since that curse teleported you in the desert.

You also have informed your sensei of your whereabouts through text messages a month ago, which your phone was buzzing a lot of text messages from the group chat with your classmates and your younger peers.

Sighing, you watched people go to and fro with their daily activities. You were wearing a grey mask on your face to hide the Snakes and Fangs seal.

And you weren't also wearing your usual jujutsu school uniform. You wore a dark blue tank top with a white sweater over it, grey jeans, a pair of long white socks, and a pair of red shoes.

The cafe door opens as you looked to see Miko with a grin while holding two cups of slushes.

You've met Miko on the third day last month in a library. She was a friend of Jack's and they go to the same high school. You also met Raphael, or Raf for short, a week after when you saw him getting bullied by some teens.

Sure, you had helped him get rid of his bullies without violence, but you only did that when the bully, Vince, went too far. The only way you stopped him is by chi blocking his body.

That was in the past, but you needed to focus on the present as Miko hands you the slushy. Smiling behind the mask, you take it as you slowly take off your mask before taking a sip of your drink.

Miko looks at your face with surprise as she began to ask, "Say, Inumaki-chan? Where did you get those tattoos between your mouth?"

You looked at her confused until your eyes widens as you stopped drinking your slushy. Seeing your reaction, Miko sweat drops as she waves her hands.

"Y-You don't have to t-tell me if you don't w-want to. E-Everyone has their s-secrets, r-right?"

You softly smiled as you placed your cup on the table and took out your phone. Miko watched you type something on your device as you showed your words on your phone.

𝚈𝚘𝚞,𝚛𝚎 𝚛𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝, 𝙼𝚒𝚔𝚘𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚗. 𝙱𝚞𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚖𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚜𝚊𝚢 𝚊 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚍 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚜𝚊𝚠, 𝚘𝚔𝚊𝚢?

Miko nods with a smile as she lets out a thumbs up. "Don't worry, I won't tell a soul."

You smiled as you put away your phone before drinking your slushy. The two of you girls enjoyed each other's company as you listened to Miko's story.

As you were listening to her talk, two dark violet cars were parked nearby and neither of you girls noticed. But you could feel their aura and it wasn't a good one as you looked around.

Miko stops talking and noticed that you were looking for something. "Y/n-chan, what's wrong?"

You shook your head and looked at her with a smile. Miko frowns a little, but smiles back as she had an idea.

"Say, Y/n-chan? Wanna head to the arcade?"

This made you smile even more, but sighed as you shook your head and took out your phone again, typing your words on the notes app. You showed the screen to Miko as she read the words before looking at you.