"i love you."

"i love you too, pumpkin."
angelina pressed a soft kiss on her daughter's forehead.

ˏˋ°•*

"okay, i know you don't wanna see him, but just be civil. for the kids eh?"
eleanor gave her shoulder a gentle squeeze, encouraging her to face her former husband who had just knocked on the door for the second time in just a matter of seconds.

she opened the door welcoming the older man, alongside her angelina stood awkwardly. brad stepped inside and as he did so he eyed eleanor up and down, as if he were checking her out.

what kind of man would do that?

she rolled her eyes at him, biting her sharp tongue as sarcastic comments were starting to flow through her mind.

"well, aren't you a sight for sore eyes?"
angelina's hands were tight as a fist, her knuckles white as rage boiled in her veins. brad moistened his lips as his blue eyes rested a second too much on her plump ones.

how dare he checks my daughter out?

"brad, this is my daughter eleanor."
angelina placed both hands on her eldest's shoulders protectively, tightening the grip on them as she saw him flash her one of his disgusting smiles.

"excuse me? your daughter? i would certainly remember her."
a look of shock washed him over as he was now rather embarrassed.

i'm sure you would, you disgusting pig.

"you clearly don't, because i most definitely told you about the babygirl i had when i was 21 that i had to give up," angelina's hands were now stroking eleanor's arms, her presence was all over her as she tried to establish with her ex husband that he shouldn't even think about touching her daughter.

"oh . . uhm right. nice meeting you eleanor."

of course he doesn't even remember.

"daddy!"
shiloh, vivi and knox exclaimed at the same time before rushing to their father, while the other three stayed seated on the couch, minding their own business. she felt sorry for them, they couldn't preserve the image of a loving father like the others did, they just saw him as the abusive and alcoholic man that he was.

now that brad's attention was on his kids, eleanor's jaw grazed angelina's cheek as she leaned forward to whisper in her ear, "you okay?"

"yeah, i'm fine."

"you're not alone in this, you know that, don't you?"

"i know and i thank my lucky stars every night for the wonderful daughter i have," she pressed a kiss on her cheek and wrapped her hands around her shoulders, leading them to the couch where she was sure the other kids were having a horrible time watching their father be so affectionate to their younger siblings.

"so sorry mates."
eleanor said before snuggling between angelina and zahara who cuddled up together. beside their mother sat pax and maddox who protectively wrapped their hands around angelina's body. having brad around was always hard for them, but they managed. they had to.