13. I Can't Stand You

Enjoy more tension from these two hot heads 🔥

───────────────

"How do I look?" I finally asked my sister after changing my dress for the tenth time and storming into her bedroom unannounced.

I'd finally settled on a black bodycon dress with spaghetti straps that reached my mid-thighs. It was simple but boy did I feel really exposed. My boobs were practically spilling out over the top. I'd put more effort into my makeup than usual and had my auburn hair in a slicked-back ponytail.

Ash looked up at me from her bed, biscuit crumbs smeared around her mouth and sprinkled on her oversized white jumper. It was one of her rare nights off and she made the most of it by getting comfortable in bed, a twilight marathon playing on her TV and a half-eaten pack of Oreos sitting in her lap.

She wiped her mouth with the back of her hand whilst ogling me. "You're lucky Dad and Ace aren't here because there's no way they'd let you out looking like that." I grinned a little at that. "That being said," She continued, "I think you look stunning tonight, Bri."

"That's what I was going for," I giggle, giving her a little twirl.

"And this girl—Simran. Is she still okay with you spending the night at hers?" Ashley asks me, doing her part as the worried big sister.

"Yes, for the third time!" I exclaim, kissing her on the cheek. "Now, I have to go. Sim's waiting outside for me."

"Okay, have fun partying looking like that while I'm stuck indoors looking like this."

"I will. Love you, bye."

───────────────

Sim pulls into the parking lot of the infamous nightclub she says is the real hot spot for youngsters in town. It takes her ten minutes to find a decent parking spot because of how damned packed the place already is. From here I can hear the music blaring from the open doors with people chatting— or should I say yelling over the music—from inside and outside as they smoke, drink, dance, flirt or openly make out with the first person closest to them.

I read the illuminated sign above the door that says 'Ricci's Inferno' in flashing red letters. I get a nagging feeling at the back of my mind at that name but Simran's already climbing out of the car before I can question it.

I join her outside the car and follow her up to the big bouncer outside the open doors of the nightclub.

I find my nerves kicking in because the guy is massive and mean-looking with tattoos smothering his dark brown skin on both exposed arms. Simran surprises me when she walks up to this scary guy and gives him a hug. I stand back a step and wonder how she knows him.

"Rare to see you around here, sis. Are you still taking care of Dad's gas station?"

This mean-looking man is Simran's brother?

Sim rolls her eyes and grins up at him. "I told you I wouldn't burn it down and haven't so far. I think that shows success on my part. Besides, Dad trusts me more than he'd ever trust you, the black sheep of the family."

Sim's brother laughs and then he spots me. "Who's this?"

He looks me up and down, making me nervous before Simran says, "Brielle, my new employee and friend. She's been giving me a hand at the station. Brielle, this is my brother, Vikram, but we call him Vik."