1. First Day Of College

Hey guys, thanks for checking out this story. This is my first attempt at writing a cheesy, hopefully non-cliche romance, so I hope you enjoy it.

I'm English but I chose to base this book in New York. I've been doing some research but if I make any mistakes, please kindly correct me.

-&-

Enjoy!

➽───────────────❥

  My eyes fall on the massive college building when my sister parks her car right outside. The building is noticeably old with graffiti covering most of it's dingy, brick walls. Students are scattered outside, many taking drags out of their cigarettes, while others glare at my sisters car.

My sister drives a Mercedes-Benz. Not exactly the kind of car which you'd find in this part of town. I inwardly groan. Great, it's my first day and already I'm at the centre of everyone's god damn attention.

  "Bri, stop glaring at the building." Ashley chastises me with a hint of humour, trying to grab my attention.

  I drag my eyes away and turn to look at her. "Everyone's staring at us like we don't belong here," I grumble, slumping back against my seat.

  "What do you want me say, Bri?" My sister asks with a sad frown, "This isn't the college I would have wanted for you either but it's the only one that accepted you."

   "You're right. I made my bed and now I've got to lay in it."

  It's my fault I've been kicked out of three schools. I'm not exactly a model student and I've had more than my fair share of trouble. It just means that now I have to go to the only college that will accept me. Even if it is a school filled with juvenile delinquents.

   "I'm sure it won't be all bad. Maybe you'll even make some real friends for once, and you can stop relying on me and Ace to go places with you."

  Ace is my sister's boyfriend. They've been together for four years and have practically raised and taken care of me since our dad works a lot. I couldn't even tell you where my dad is right now, he travels all over the place as a consultant.

  Ashley is my best friend, I couldn't ask for a better sister. I moved in with her when our dad got custody of me at the age of nine. Before that I lived with our step-dad and step brother. They kept me when my mum died when I was four and they treated me terribly. Still to this day, I have nightmares about them. If it weren't for Ashley and Ace, I wouldn't know what I'd do.

  I stare Ashley in the eye, seeing her brown eyes filled with guilt, wishing she didn't have to leave me here. My sister looks nothing like me. Except for the warm, honey, brown eyes that we both share, we're complete opposites. Where Ashley takes after our Dad with her blonde hair and light, creamy skin, I've taken after our Mother. I have our Mother's dark, reddish brown hair and her olive complexion. I'm the spitting image of my Mum and I think that's why our Dad struggles to look at me sometimes.

  I release a defeated sigh, offering Ashley one of my rare smiles, "Maybe you're right."

  "I'm always right." She jokes, happy that I'm being fairly compliant today. That's rare for me too.