3. Nearly Dodged the Greasy, Sexy Machanic

Chapter three is here!

-&-

Enjoy!

➽───────────────❥

     I fight the urge to groan as my sister continued to lecture me last night and during the ride to school.

"If you absolutely have to walk home from school again I want your phone on loud. I thought you might have ran away again," She rants, looking back at me from time to time as I lean against the car door, looking out the window to try and drown her out. "Are you even listening to me?" She snaps.

    "Yes," I groan. I sit up in my chair and turn to look at her. "I haven't run away in a really long time. Didn't my promise mean anything to you?"

    Her features shift and soften. "Of course it did, but I just figured with everything changing and you having to start college, it might have been too much for you."

    "That doesn't mean I'm going to become unstable. I walked home to clear my head and it helped. I was careful too and you should learn to trust me."

    She parked the car outside of the school, my eyes wandering to the building. I wasn't mentally prepared for the day and Ashley had already stressed me out with her lecture this morning, not to mention that Ace was getting on my back about it as well.

    I loved them but sometimes I needed a long break from them.

    "Look, Bri," I hear Ashley's guilt drip into her tone as I turn to look at her. Her brown eyes almost feel with pity, trying to go easy with me considering all I've been through, "I want to trust you, and a part of me does, but the part of me that worries about you still holds doubt. I can't help that, but I'm trying."

    "I know, Ash." I allow a small smile to lift the corners of my lips before it disappears. "I'll talk to you later." I open the car door and step out.

    "Have a good day," Ashley calls from behind me before I close the car door. She spares me one last glance before she reluctantly drives away, leaving me alone and surrounded by crowds of teenagers that I'm sure are more unstable than me. Maybe.

    I stormed towards the building, approaching the entranceway when my eyes met with malachite irises and I instantly froze. Easton was pressed back against the glass window near the doors, a cigarette pressed firmly against his lips as he drew in the tar and nicotine. He exhaled sharply, the smoke surrounding his face for a second before he snapped, "Are you lost?"

    "I- it says no smoking." I stammered like a fool, glancing at the no-smoking sign stuck to the glass window.

    He glanced back at it before glaring back at me, "So it does." He narrows his eyes but brings the cigarette back towards his lips.

    Why did he make it look so fucking hot?

    I shake my head and move past him, happy to make it into the building alive. I walk down the hallway until I find my locker. I unlock it with my combination and then place my books inside that I don't need until later on.

I'm thrilled that Wednesday's are English-free and with that means they're Easton-free.

Classes fly and at lunch I make sure to avoid his table so Nick doesn't rope me into sitting with him again. The little peace will do me some good I think.