Perfectly Flawed

Ajabdeh pulled her black sweatshirt closer to her body as she put aside the laptop and closed the door of the balcony she had opened. Sitting on the window sill of the hotel room she is now sharing with Heer for the three-day extravaganza called a "Destination wedding" of her friends, all she could think of was... She frowned at the Word Document with a few typed words and a blinking cursor waiting for her.

"Urgh... Deadlines!" She slammed the Laptop making Heer wake up with a frown "Jija?" Ajabdeh looked out and started at the grounds below. It's started to drizzle. The orange and pink drapes made a triangular shape above the round yellow sitting areas on the lawn of the Radisson Blu, where the grand wedding was being held. The wedding planning crew was preparing for the traditional Sangeet and Mehendi. In the evening this would turn into a stage for the Bollywood-style extravaganza they all were told to practice for. Heer yawned slightly, stretching her arms, then typing her hair up in a bun. She walked up to give her sister a warm hug "Didn't you sleep at all?" She sounded worried.

"I need a walk." Ajabdeh gave her a quick hug back, getting up.

"Now?" Heer frowned. "Don't be late for breakfast, the Sangeet starts in two hours!"

"Pata hai!" She had put on her sneakers hurriedly and slammed the door behind her. "Just take care of the sangeet decorations while I'm gone."

"Aree, but Jija, phone toh leti jao!" Heer frowned at the closed door, then at the mess on the window sill. Pen, scattered papers and the laptop. She shook her head "Aap bhi na!!"

Pratap was on the Jogging tracks, a little away from the destination wedding wing. His headphones played some good music as he walked with his hands in his pockets, pulling his grey sweatshirt chain up. The wind was turning cold with the drizzle. He secretly cursed Jalal and Ruqaiya's "Romantic" idea of a monsoon wedding. He frowned and stopped at the sight ahead. Ajabdeh was leaning in and patting one of the security dogs as the security man smiled. She was on her knees, on the patchy muddy ground, in her jeans and sweatshirt, her messy hair dangling out of the hood. He walked up to her still frowning.

"Good Morning?"

"Urgh." She got up brushed the dirt off and faced him "Bad Morning Princy!" "Still struggling with the ending?" He raised his eyebrows.

"Don't ask." She rolled her eyes. "Sarr fata jaa raha hai mera!!!!"

"I know something that can help." He flashed a smile as she frowned at him.

Heer was dressed in a floral day dress for breakfast while she stood at the grounds and overlooked the decorations.

"Stop it." She had startled the man on the ladder, putting flower garlands on the drapes. "Yeh kya kar rahe aap?"

" Phool laga rahe hai Madam" He sounded confused.

"Haan par... we specifically said golden yellow g ke phool na?" Heer frowned.

"Kya Hua?" Ruqaiya rushed to her side in an elegant white and golden Kaftan. Maan followed in toe.

"Aree Aapa, remember we ordered golden yellow marigolds!" Heer pointed at the decorations.

"Aree." Ruqaiya looked worried " Where are my marigolds? These are orange. Can't anything be perfect in this wedding?" Heer realised her mistake the moment Ruqaiya started panicking. "Where is Ajabdeh?"

"Aapa aap jao main dekh lungi." She assured.

"Haan Haan Bhabhijaan, hum dekh lenge." Maan pushed Ruqs towards the mothers, sitting on the other end of the lawn drinking their morning tea. Shakti smiled at a rather puzzled Heer looking after the wedding decorations and decided to help her.