Time Heals

Some months passed by...

"In the news today, The Punwar group split had yet to make the headlines, as the Hansa Punwar and Daughters shares reached a new high with Heer Punwar signing the deals with one of the leading companies from Jodhpur. Her leadership skills have left the business industry at Udaipur so impressed that it is being heard that Jalalluddin Mohammad Akbar had requested a partnership meeting with the Hansa Punwar and Daughters group this weekend. If agreed upon, this association can change the face of their business"

"In other news, Kunwar Pratap Singh of Surajgarh has inaugurated the construction of their first heritage hotel today at Surajgarh. The Royal family celebrated the event with a traditional bhumi pujan at the Surajgarh Palace premises."

Shakti turned off the television watching his brother enter the house tired after a day's work. He smiled ordered some coffee and sat making space for him as well. "Tiring day?"

"Tell me about it." Pratap smiled wearily.

It didn't escape Shakti or anyone else, how much one incident had changed Pratap. He was more responsible and worked hard towards the dream project. But the fact was he still regretted his actions and missed Ajabdeh. Ego, Shakti gathered, was the biggest reason for the pain. He hadn't talked about the incident much to Pratap's relief after that night, and Pratap had gathered maybe Jalal had talked him into confidence. All he knew now was work, work that made him forget partying, carefree night outs, mingling with strangers and everything else that in the end reminded him of that one face and her tears. Shakti had noticed that ever since Ajabdeh left, he had stopped dating as well. Not that Shakti encouraged it, but somehow it struck Shakti that he was right, the girl did change his Dadabhai. He, on the other hand, was extremely proud of Heer's achievements, she had shown her strong side, managing the family business and her mother and sister, and if things went as planned they would meet soon. Shakti had no clue what to tell her, or apologise to her. All he knew was that he couldn't wait to see her.

"Am going to Udaipur tomorrow, I have some work with Bhaijaan," Shakti informed me at dinner.

"Tell him to come soon." Ranisa smiled at him.

"Do send Khan Baba my regards," Udai spoke up. "It's been a long time since we met." "Won't be long till you meet again, heard he will propose to Rukaiya soon, haina Pratap?" Jaivanta smiled.

"I... Don't know." Pratap shook his head and resumed eating.

"Ohho Jija." Heer picked up the pieces of scattered paper, and scribbled with discarded thoughts from the floor, as Brownie happily tore at one, he was a little grown and healthy now. Heer patted him before walking up to her sister.

"Jija?" she tapped at her sister's shoulder to make her open her headphones. "What?" She frowned.

"Are you ready for the big day?" She smiled.

"Heeriye, it is just one of those many days!" she shrugged sitting up, "I wonder what they will tell and ask and what I will say... what if I fumble?" Heer laughed.

"Jija. Relax" She hugged her sister "Waise bhi, am dying to know the story of who won the competition."

"You will know tomorrow for sure" made her frown and Ajabdeh laughed. "I just hope I don't disappoint..."

"No jija." Heer stopped her "You can never disappoint anyone" The moment she said that Heer knew that her sister remembered the one reaction that had led them here. She hugged her tighter.

"Girls." their mother came in with a gloomy face that made them frown. "Ram ... received the divorce papers"

"It will all be okay now Maasa." Ajabdeh hugged her tight "I promise"