Mine

The droplets trickled down the panes of the window. The car was zooming through the Yamuna Expressway in relative silence as the only sound came from the crashing raindrops and the slashing of the wiper against the front glass. Ajabdeh started out and managed to make a smiling face on the window. Hansa smiled a little amused remembering every time her older one did that and stared at the younger one sitting on the back seat beside her relatively quieter when it came to movements. Sighing loudly Ajabdeh looked at the driver "Aur kitna bhaiya?"

"Abhi thodi der mein Agra ka board aa jayega madam."

Heer stared at her sister, yawning most informally and shook her head.

"It's raining too much!" Hansa looked out of the window. "I hope it doesn't spoil any wedding plans!"

"I had told Aapa that a monsoon wedding would be risky!" Heer started with a warning "See, it looks like the sky is breaking loose."

"I insisted on that." Ajabdeh's trailing voice made Heer stare "I made her agree on a monsoon wedding."

"But why?" Heer frowned at her silence. Hansa shook her head and stared out. "Aur kitni der bhaiya?" Ajabdeh started again.

In another similar car, a few feet away on the expressway, carefully following theirs were the Sisodias. Jalal had insisted on sending the pickups from the Delhi Airport and a reluctant Pratap had agreed. It was two days to go for the grand nikah of Jalal and Ruqaiya and both wanted their friends to forget work and be there on time.

"The monsoon wedding idea will be a disaster!" Udai Singh spoke up. "Whose Idea was it anyway?"

"Whose do you think?" Shakti smiled amused.

"She had a point; it usually doesn't rain this much at this time. Drizzly monsoon weddings are magical." Jaivanta had a defensive voice that made Pratap smile slightly in the front seat. "We had one." She added, staring at Udai Singh who nodded. Shakti on the other hand was boring. "Aur kitni der bhaiya?"

"Our car is following theirs I hope?" Jaivanta checked with her firstborn.

"Yes Ranima, don't worry neither of us is getting lost here!" Pratap shook his head. Then he stared out at the downpour.

"Stop it Jija," Heer warned, raising her voice, prompting Ajabdeh to pout like a kid, take her wet hand in and close up the window. She sat rubbing her hands together as Hansa cleared her throat. The siblings stared at each other knowing very well that it was time for their mother's "Instructions"

"Ajab, remember you are not only a Punwar now." Heer breathed at ease, knowing she was not the target. She smiled at a frowning clueless Ajabdeh who stared back from her front seat at her mother. "You are soon to be a Sisodia too and your conduct..."

"Mom, Chill!" Her wave of a hand made Heer giggle.

"That!" Hansa pointed "Is what I am saying. Be graceful, composed, answer only when asked and..."

"Heeriye!" She interrupted closing her eyes and leaning against the seat. "Jija?"

"Remember all those times she instructed me how to behave?"

"Of course Jija." Heer tried hard not to laugh as their mother wore a hopeless look. "What followed?" Ajabdeh started amused with a devilish smile.

"Umm.... The list is too long to..." Heer stopped at her mother's stare. "So there." Ajabdeh sighed. And picked up her phone.

Pratap had just clicked the droplets of rain against his window. He smiled at the "Artistic" picture and decided to upload it on Instagram.

"Caption?" He thought and smiled.