RSVP

Heer, Jalal Ruqaiya and Shakti had spent the whole day, planning, and making pros and cons charts, in the name of a meeting to find all possible plans, A to Z for the specimens in concern.

"So team A" Jalal looked at Heer and Shakti, "You will do as I say and Team B" he stared at Ruqs, "Talk to specimen A"

"Now who is specimen A?" Ruqs frowned, making Heer and Shakti laugh as Jalal shook his head.

"Where are your attention teammates? A is the girl, focus!"

"Why don't they do the talking?" Ruqs frowned "Hamesha sherni ke muh mein main kyun..." made Shakti laugh.

"Just ask her how she felt after the recitation, who she thinks, will hear her..." Jalal explained. "I just want to know if Ajabdeh is eager to see him, I know he wants to, he is just scared of her"

Shakti had reached home from Udaipur, on the day of the broadcast, pretty late when the palace was asleep. He had reached the site of the project the next dawn to find an extremely calm and composed Kunwar Pratap overlooking the work at the site like he did every day. It was only that night that he found his brother by the poolside humming that had made him smile with hope. He had stepped in with a chilled beer at 3 a.m. while he was still on his laptop, working. Pratap was indeed surprised as for the first time in all these months, Shakti had shared a few laughs with him; it didn't escape Pratap's notice of how happy and content his brother looked.

"Umm... Dadabhai... did you... listen to..."

"Yes, I did." Pratap sipped on his Beer once and gulped it down. "I... even wanted to call her."

"Why didn't you?" Shakti frowned at his face, as Pratap smiled and shrugged "I honestly don't know. Maybe calling sounded so lame after all these."

"You... want to meet Ajabdeh?" Shakti's eyes widened a little.

"I ... No." Pratap shook his head "What's done is done, it's all in the past now."

"Oh god! Someone else said that to this morning!" Shakti smiled while sipping his drink. "Who?" Pratap frowned.

"Leave it! I went to Udaipur."

"I know, how was your business deal and stuff?" Pratap asked, patting him gently. "Umm... Jalal bhaijaan is partnering with the Punwars."

"It's done? Aunty agreed?"

"Heer did, I was there." Shakti looked a little uneasy as his brother started narrowing his eyes at him.

"Umm... Goodnight Dadabhai." He stood up in a hurry. "It was nice catching up!" "Yeah." Pratap saw him walk away a little lost in thoughts.

Heer jumped as the lights of the living room were turned on and she found Ajabdeh and Brownie, sitting like spies on the sofa.

"You... scared me Jija!" Heer gasped as Brownie came to sniff at her shoes rather suspiciously.

"Where were you?" Ajabdeh sounded seriously strict, making Heer gulp. "With Maasa out of town, I am the lady of the house here, miss. Where were you till 11 pm?"

"I... I was... Umm... At work!" Heer looked away.

"Oh really? Nowadays you work with... Kunwar Shakti?"

"What?" Heer's eyes widened at her sister's serious face. "No, No! Jija, I can explain." "I saw his car leave." Ajabdeh moved across the room, back in her pyjamas at Heer, trying hard not to laugh. "Explain?"

"I... Umm... went to a meeting with Bhaijaan, and .... And he was there... I..." "What did he say?"

"Pardon Jija?"